Smith consortium withdrawing bid ??!

Guest Dutchy
TB - that sounds plausible.

Either that or Green is playing hard ball with the amounts he wants to let the club go for or even for a part of the action and so the consortium are saying - on you go then, we'll be there to pick up Rangers on the cheap when you run out of cash and things start to go pear shaped. Or you could make a fast buck and walk away now.

I read up to this point and this thread seems to be the most sensible comment so far on this development.

I'm fairly sure, as sure as anyone can be in all the information and mis-information being bandied about us in the media, that WS & Co are quite happy to wait in the wings to see what Green does next.

I think he needs to tell us exactly what he has in mind for us, as opposed to all the mock hard businessman talk. He's got plenty of time as nothing is going to be decided until 4th July.

Guys more bad news: Lawyer connected to fmr Rangers manager tells #c4news "there's a massive fraud in Rangers waiting to come out"

If that is true, its a dangerously unguarded comment to make, especially for a lawyer. If he has a suspicion, or evidence to back it up, he should be making it known to the police.

Is that an opinion Frankie or some inside info?

I don't see why it makes sense for Smith & co to make a formal bid now when they don't know what league we're in, but by the same token if you're Green & Co and you can make a quick buck, even if not much, it's more than nothing and they're running a big risk if we're not in the SPL.

Who knows, maybe Banstead Athletic will give us their place in the English league structure!! :-)