Smith consortium withdrawing bid ??!

So the green business plan isnt the way forward as Walter and co see it, yet they are still withdrawing? Wasn't this the whole reason for entering the race in the first place? That the future looked bleak under green? Sounds to me like the calling of the bluff. At least I hope so...

The way I read Smith's comments in the Fuller statement is that while CG plans are NOT the way Smith would have done it, he appear content enough that the Emergency is over.

As others say, he may just want to play a waiting game now, hoping the CG's plans start to crumble.

The way I read Smith's comments in the Fuller statement is that while CG plans are NOT the way Smith would have done it, he appear content enough that the Emergency is over.

As others say, he may just want to play a waiting game now, hoping the CG's plans start to crumble.

I think smith may think the numbers are a bit out but green doesn't clearly.

This is quite simple.

The Blue nae-cash Knights (mark 2), using Walter as a front, tried to sneak in the back door post-liquidation and grab the club from Green for washers.

Green was however too clever for them with his back-to-back deal in case the CVA didnt get through, and made his compulsory purchase of the assets to form the newco.

TBK tried to gazump the deal, but as with everything they have touched these last few months, they made a royal raging James Hunt of it, and now need to go away again.

Hopefully for good this time.

ANyone still in the dark about the "Walter Smith" consortium, it was the same as the Blue Knights with McKenzie replaced by McColl and with Walter emotionally blackmailed into it as a front as they existing members of the consortium were all bad news from their first failed attempt at buying the club. Walter is raging at the way he has been foolishly conned into fronting this, and I am quite certain is partly the reason why this has came to an abrupt end.

We will wait and see if the Blue Knights regroup and try some more dirty tricks or if they now give up and disappear.

I should add that we will know in the next few days if TBK are seriously giving up or if they are regrouping.

Just wait for the usual journos to start giving it anti-Green unsourced stories in the papers and blogs about his consortium collapsing and financial problems etc. If you see these over the next few days we know they are still at it, if it all goes away now then hopefully we will be able to move on and push Green to ensure he sticks to his plans, consults with the fans he can work with (that rules out the RST for now) and starts to put the club on the right footing.