Moving Forward Together - Statement from Green

GREEN calls for unity and insists in RTV exclusive he is not trying to make a quick buck

More...

CHARLES GREEN has called for a united front and insists he and his investors are in for the long haul as he tries to overcome massive hurdles to lead Rangers to a brighter future.

With the Walter Smith-led consortium now out of the picture, the former Sheffield United chief executive is hoping all fans will rally round one cause and that is a successful future for Rangers.

There are massive hurdles ahead for Rangers are they try to achieve SPL status for next season, keep hold of their major players, await the revised SFA sanction after the transfer ban was thrown out and also face up to impeding SPL charges on the use of EBTs.

Green recognises that the Smith consortium bid has stirred the Rangers supporters but he is now calling on all fans to get behind him as he tries to plot a course out of the horrendous situation Rangers find themselves in.

Speaking exclusively to RangersTV he said: "If there was ever a time for a rallying call for all Rangers fans to unite and start driving this club forward again it's definitely today.

"We are not in here to make a fast buck and disappear. The investors who have come in have seen this as an opportunity to rebuild the club but they see this as a long-term investment.

"We did offer to come to an arrangement with other people (the Walter Smith consortium) but that's now finished and now we have to focus on moving forward.

"I can assure all fans that my group of people are here for the long term.

"We started from day one with the founders and we said we would go out and seek more cash and that's where Zeus have come in.

"The finance team are working as we speak but the last 10 days or so have put a slight delay on that because we weren't sure where Walter Smith was going to join us as a partner or even replace us.

"But now we are clear and we will go ahead with our plans and we will be announcing further investors in the next few weeks.

"For me it's important that we have unity and move on. While it is a disappointment for Walter and his team at least for the Rangers fans we have clarity.

"Nothing has changed from the statement I made at Murray Park on May 13. We're here to rescue the club, to turn it round and make sure it is on a sound financial platform.

"I'd just like to clear up one issue. We're not here to make huge profits and to pay those profits out in dividends back to investors.

"But this club has to make a profit because any business, whether it's a football club, a petrol filling station or a corner shop, has to do that.

"If it doesn't make a profit, it goes out of business and we haven't spent all our time and resource to acquire this club then allow it to go back the same way within a year."

Edited by Frankie

What time is the meeting?

Hope all the questions and answers are reported openly.

Started at 3pm IIRC.

Hopefully Tannochside Bear can filter down some info if there are no minutes/statements.

Guest Dutchy
good. we need the simple truth not a magic show.

I don't know if he's telling the truth here aanyway. I'm sure he's also said he's not going to be about forever, so why not just say how lang he intends to be about, or would that impinge on his opportunities for making as much money as he can???

I'm no clearer what this guy is up to, really!