How SPL teams will vote

Hearts plan to vote against Rangers being allowed into the Scottish Premier League when clubs vote next month.

The company which ran Rangers until last week is soon to be liquidated and Charles Green's consortium has bought the Ibrox club's assets.

Green wants his 'newco' Rangers to replace the old one in the SPL and needs the support of seven other clubs.

â??Without these people football will become cleaner and strongerâ?

Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov says "the football mafia represented by Rangers' former owners" should not gain entry.

In a lengthy statement on the Hearts website, Romanov expressed "deepest condolences'" to Rangers supporters "who have been lied to for so many years".

The issue of whether Rangers will appear in next season's SPL gathered pace when attempts to exit administration via a company voluntary arrangement failed and the club began heading for liquidation.

Should Green's group not get the required votes for top flight football, they would have to apply to fill the vacancy that would be created in the Scottish Football League and attempt to work their way up from Division Three.

Motherwell have asked their supporters to vote on how the Fir Park club should vote on Rangers' application on 4 July while Kilmarnock have expressed concern about the financial implications of an SPL without the Ibrox side.

Rangers entered administration in February over unpaid tax and HM Revenue Customs' vote against the CVA proposal prompted the setting up of a newco.

"It had to happen sooner or later," said Romanov.

"Victories were achieved not by sporting merits, but through slander, conspiracies amongst players and their poaching via third parties, unfair pressuring of referees, who in themselves are as valuable to the fabric of football as the football stars themselves.

"All of this brought hollow victories and destroyed football.

"There is a saying about digging a grave for someone: you get it for yourself.

"Without these people football will become cleaner and stronger.

"Supporters deserved a new beginning and have to accept the fact that their club has to start from the lower league, keeping order in the SPL and without creating unfair competition with other clubs."

Romanov also turned his ire on media mogul Rupert Murdoch for what the Lithuanian-based bank owner perceives as an imbalance between television revenues for clubs in Scotland in England.

"As regards the pitiful state of Scottish football finances, a lot of the blame should be placed at the doors of Murdoch's media," added Romanov.

"They pay huge sums to English clubs, whilst in Scotland, where football is better supported per capita than anywhere else in Europe and there are more cable or Sky subscribers per capita than in England, clubs receive peanuts for their broadcasting rights."

Rangers: in or out?

â?¢The company which had run Rangers until 14 June 2012 will shortly be liquidated

â?¢A new company (newco) has bought Rangers' assets, including Ibrox Stadium

â?¢The newco wants to replace the old company in the Scottish Premier League

â?¢An 8-to-4 majority of SPL member clubs, including Rangers, is required for the newco to be admitted

â?¢If 5 or more clubs vote no, Rangers will need to apply to be admitted to Scottish Football League Division Three

Im thinking it could be a 6-6 vote. But I still think those voting no will use money excuse and when the crunch comes they will vote yes for money reasons and know a 25 pt sanction will be in place.

Currently Im guessing its like this

Yes:

Rangers

Ross County

Motherwell

Kilmarnock

Inverness

St Mirren

No:

Aberdeen

Dundee Utd

Celtic

Hearts

Hibs

St Johnstone

Edited by pete

Guest Dutchy

The less time I spend on Romanov's weird and wonderful imaginings about mafia goings on the better.

I still think we should just bite the bullet and drop to the 3rd.

The less time I spend on Romanov's weird and wonderful imaginings about mafia goings on the better.

I still think we should just bite the bullet and drop to the 3rd.

Voluntarily !

All of those Clubs wanting us out are thinking of their own self interest in respect of final league places, eg. nearer the top and further from relegation.

However, on examining the League attendance figures from last season, our absence from the SPL will mean there will be about a 30% drop in overall attendances.

If we go to Div 3, only our own support will determine our own numbers...if they want to help the Club by turning up at all games.

Motherwell will vote no, their fans have arranged a protest to be held outside firpark on june 30th against a newco getting in. We should just call in quits and drop down divisions now and not let them have they pleasure of saying no.

We've got so used to Romanov's ramblings that there is no need to comment, but his last paragraph is true - about Scottish football being better supported per capita and underfunded by Sky.

Yip thats that only time Ive heard him speak sense. Considering its a national company (Sky) covering all UK then the TV deal is a joke. 80m over 5 years to 12 clubs when Wigan receive that same amount in 24 months puts it into perspective. I know the Premier League is a far better league to watch but I wouldnt be tuning in to see games like Stoke v Wigan over Rangers v Hearts.

I have to say that I've changed my mind on this recently and I now think we'll lose the vote purely based on the fact that the non-OF clubs want the SPL voting structure changed so that there's never an 11-1 voting format on critical issues. Removing Rangers from the equation will hurt their pockets big time, but will be a sacrifice many of the clubs are willing to make and will already have budgeted for.

On a sidenote - I actually think that the structure of this particular vote is unfair. It should only be the other 11 clubs voting and we should only require 6 'yes' votes in a majority 6-5 format.

"Victories were achieved not by sporting merits, but through slander, conspiracies amongst players and their poaching via third parties, unfair pressuring of referees, who in themselves are as valuable to the fabric of football as the football stars themselves.

:facepalm: