This is a rant, basically.

Simply put, why on God's green Earth are any Rangers' Football Club supporter calling for the head of Paul Le Guen?

Everyone knows manager's are never given "time to settle" at Rangers.. but this is ridiclous. It's November for Christ's sake.

I find it laughable that we spend an entire summer chasing Paul Le Guen, and we praise the high heavens out of Mr. Murray when he finally "get's his man", and no less than 4 months into a season, people are calling for him to resign and, even more laughabley, be sacked.

Our support have such short-term minds it's untrue.

Sir Alex Ferguson was one game away from being sacked at Manchester United in his early days.. but he was stuck by, and turned it around, and now look at him.

I'm in no way comparing us to Manchester United, but what I'm saying is, even the big clubs need to give a manager time to get it right.

Has Paul Le Guen made bad signings? Yes. Has Paul Le Guen got our tactics wrong in the SPL? Yes. Does any of this merit his sacking? Not a chance.

We as a club have prided ourselves on never giving in to pressure and making knee-jerk reactions when it comes to managers. In our illustrious 133 year history, we have had a mere 13 managers. Now compare that to some of these clubs who go through 4 managers in one year, 4 managers in 4 years and what-not and it's not hard to see why our Club has been one of the most successful in the world.

Stability should never be underestimated. I personally think Le Guen underestimated the SPL. A lesson he is now learning the hard way. We're all learning it. Maybe we as supporters underestimate the SPL, who knows.

I'll sum this up. As furious as I am with matters on and off the pitch right now.. the sacking or resignation of Mr. Le Guen would do a lot more damage than good, and it's high time the supporters calling for his head learned that.

End of rant.

I think in a nutshell its cause we expected things to stay as bad as they were for a while, then steadily get better. I dont think anybody expected things to get so much worse.........and even more bizarre team selections and formations that we were used to last season!

No wonder Davy boy looks so smug.

None so blind as those who cannot see.

I agree with Beattie, we really need to back PLG, im not saying i back Murray we need Murray to GTF but we have needed that for a long time and that is not down to PLG or the team.

Guest Bertent
I agree with Beattie, we really need to back PLG, im not saying i back Murray we need Murray to GTF but we have needed that for a long time and that is not down to PLG or the team.

So the team having no fight quality or basic formation is not down to the players or the manager? I really must improve my understanding of football then

So the team having no fight quality or basic formation is not down to the players or the manager? I really must improve my understanding of football then

I was saying that "Davy looking smug" has nothing to do with what is happening on the pitch, he is smug because he has been ripping us all off for years.

Guest Bertent
I was saying that "Davy looking smug" has nothing to do with what is happening on the pitch, he is smug because he has been ripping us all off for years.

On that we do agree.:thup:

I think most people on here would agree 100%. Unfortunately we're just a small minority of the support.

The only disappointing thing is just how bad things have become since he took over, just when we thought we couldn't get any worse than last season, we seem to plumb new depths.