Lord Hodge orders inquiry into Duff and Phelps

I just think d&p asked to see proof of funds to cover their arse.

the wouldnt care or even believe he had the cash to take us forward.

Take us forward different thing all together GS, they should be made present a clear business plan with funding whoever takes us on.

Sadly they don't.

No they wouldn't but don't let the facts get in the way of rumour and scare stories.

You on about?

Asking a straight question.

If Green needs the ST money for the running of the Club, D&P haven't done their job properly

You on about?

Asking a straight question.

If Green needs the ST money for the running of the Club, D&P haven't done their job properly

Of course they need the money to run the club what are going to do with it just leave it lying in a bank account somewhere. Question is have they the money to run the club until ST money comes in.

But you can't blame D&P if no ST money comes in.

Edited by GovanAllan

Of course they need the money to run the club what are going to do with it just leave it lying in a bank account somewhere. Question is have they the money to run the club until ST money comes in.

But you can't blame D&P if no ST money comes in.

Not sure I agree with the sentiment of this Allan.

It would be preferable if they DIDNT need the ST money to run the club. I dont have an issue with them WANTING the ST money to run the club but needing it is a very different answer.

If they need it then it suggests that they dont have any cash unless the fans stump up. That, to me, has the alarm bells ringing. They say that individuals should have at least 3 months of their salary in savings "for a rainy day" - would be nice if our club had enough funds to not have to rely on the ST's as soon as they purchase us.

That said, I dont necessarily agree with chilledbear that D&P's job is to ensure that there is enough future funding in place - I dont think that was D&P's remit.

Guest Dutchy

If it takes nearly as long for D&P to produce this report as it did in their fannying about to get us put of admin, you'd be lucky to see it ready in 3 months, never mind 3 weeks.

Accountants seem to be behind everything that's morally wrong in the world's finances, and the trouble is, most of what they do isn't illegal.

Then again, most 'professional' people tend to be involves in politics and making the law, so everyone's screwed from every angle I'd say.

Not sure I agree with the sentiment of this Allan.

It would be preferable if they DIDNT need the ST money to run the club. I dont have an issue with them WANTING the ST money to run the club but needing it is a very different answer.

If they need it then it suggests that they dont have any cash unless the fans stump up. That, to me, has the alarm bells ringing. They say that individuals should have at least 3 months of their salary in savings "for a rainy day" - would be nice if our club had enough funds to not have to rely on the ST's as soon as they purchase us.

That said, I dont necessarily agree with chilledbear that D&P's job is to ensure that there is enough future funding in place - I dont think that was D&P's remit.

Think we're getting the wires crossed here boys are you talking about start up cash more or less and if he has it?

Well he should CVA was 8.5 newco 5.5 so if you believe D&P (no laughing at the back) hes got plenty cash. What I was meaning is we need the ST money to run the club on a long term business plan it's the biggest single cash income we have, If we are going to live within our means.

You have to ask if the 3mill he should have to run the club as we speak, is that repayable to the investors.

We also have this Tax Guarantee to pay that I read about somewhere which I've never heard of before anything up to 4mill who's paying that the ST money I would imagine.

I thought whoever was taking over, had to prove they had the funding in place.

Of course I could be wrong.

Not neccessarily future funding.

Funding for purchase, yes. Not sure about future funding though.

If it takes nearly as long for D&P to produce this report as it did in their fannying about to get us put of admin, you'd be lucky to see it ready in 3 months, never mind 3 weeks.

Accountants seem to be behind everything that's morally wrong in the world's finances, and the trouble is, most of what they do isn't illegal.Then again, most 'professional' people tend to be involves in politics and making the law, so everyone's screwed from every angle I'd say.

Yes, I am an accountant so I am biased. And I will defend my profession, generally speaking of course. But that bit in bold is, frankly, inaccurate in the extreme.

The 2008 financial crisis, which seems to have been the catalyst for where global economies is today, wasnt created by accountants. You yourself have moaned about the banking sector, right ? It wasnt accountants that caused the RBS debacle. Much of what happened was as a result of "Wall Street Greed" and that came from, not accountants, but Quantative mathematicians who invented, created, packaged, re-packaged, sold all these horse-shit products like sub-prime mortgages and CDS's.

Accountants get a fair bit of grief but by the time much of this hits the accountants it is all too late to do anything as deals and trades have been struck.

Clearly not all accountants are bona fide, but to assert that we somehow 100% responsible for everything that is wrong with the world's finances is inaccurate in the extreme.

The average Joe on the street who was investing in the shit products out there must take responsibility too - they didnt care that sub-prime made no sense, they just bought it because they saw the headline return rates. So they share in the blame too.

Sub-prime and CDS's (and other shitty derivative products) would never have been sold if people had seen that it was a joke product anyway that wasnt sustainable. And if they werent sold then the market-makers would have moved onto something else.

Blaming accountants is just wrong.

Acchhhhh, I bit again. Oh well.