Lord Hodge orders inquiry into Duff and Phelps

This thread is about a judge ordeering a firm of accountants to provide a report, my comments are not off topic.

I would be going off topic if I could be bothered listing all the accountacy firms responsible for abusing mathematics, but as I say, it can't be bothered.

Although I will say your argument that is was mathematicians that 'created' the techniques is as bad as saying that it's the gun that shots the victim, not the person that pulled the trigger.

That's the end of me replying to your excuses in defending your profession, which is understandable, but on shakey ground.

Tell you what, how about you create a separate thread in the Bluenose Lounge about this and we can debate it till out hearts are content, but lets take it away from Rangers news.

Because, trust me, I have PLENTY of ammunition to defend MY profession whilst you just scatter-gun approach the issue.

Guest Dutchy

Stop telling people what to say, how to think and where they should say it. Threads always go meandering off topic, I for one don't have any real problem with that, but I find folks that don't have a reasonale argument tend to fall back on that type of shite.

When people have a convesation, they go off on various tangents, so if you don't like what I have to say, ban me from this forum as I will not be doing your bidding, no matter what you have to say.

Stop telling people what to say, how to think and where they should say it. Threads always go meandering off topic, I for one don't have any real problem with that, but I find folks that don't have a reasonale argument tend to fall back on that type of shite.

When people have a convesation, they go off on various tangents, so if you don't like what I have to say, ban me from this forum as I will not be doing your bidding, no matter what you have to say.

1. Where did anyone tell you what to say ?

2. Where did anyone tell you what to think ?

3. Where to say it is relevant because it is off-topic. and if it isnt off-topic it will get there very quickly if we continue.

4. Threads DO go meandering off topic, but it is the admin & mods job to try to prevent them from doing so, hence the request. The request is for no other reason than to allow THIS thread to stay on topic, not to suppress your view.

5. I actually dont mind what you have to say, not at all. I am quite happy for you to express your view, even when I dont agree with you.

6. Why would I, or anyne else, ban you for stating your opinion respectfully ? Your statement is alsmot as if you are asking me to ban you - I wont give you your way :D

7. Nobody is asking you to do my bidding. Not even sure why you think that way :confused: