Reconstruction Talks

I listened to Stephen Thompson's mouthpiece, Jim Spence on BBC Radio Scotland yesterday. He started by lionising what he called the 'fans' revolution'. He credited social media for enabling the 'fans' revolution', making special mention of 'Pie and Bovril' on a number of occasions. Apparently, Rangers supporters views and involvement in this fans revolution can be dismissed until, "they show humility".

Spency lionised the pyramid system, dismissing the concerns of such clubs as East Stirlingshire as inappropriate because they brought nothing to the game. On cue, Presenter Rob McLean then read supportive e-mails from supporters participating in the fans' revolution stating, Rangers should be pushed down further and including we should be suspended from football for a season before being allowed into Div'3.

Dundee United are committed to our obliteration.

I expect nothing less from the station that brings on the likes of Paul Brennan from CQN to discuss our ongoing saga, yet only begrudgingl y/ occassionally manages to find someone from our own fanbase to fight our corner.

Is this the real reason for these talks? Allows them to put Rangers even further down than the 3rd division.

I don't think so BD, a bit cynical of you if I may say!

Such an outcome wouldn't benefit any of the participants.

There are three reasons:

1. The SFA have been pushing their 5-point plan including: one league, play-offs, more even distribution of the monies etc for a year but hadn't made any siginificant progress. The SPL were the stumbling block, as I can attest from discussions with Mr Doncaster on behalf of Supporters Direct* own similar Fans' Plan.

2. The need to be seen to "punish" Rangers rightly or wrongly for "perceived" wrongdoings.

3. The need not to lose the TV money in the process.

I think most people now concede that the "right" answer is that we apply and are accepted to SFL3 but this is by no means guaranteed and at the same time knocks out the TV deal and doesn't advance the reconstruction process.

Hence the "negotiated" settlement.

Frankly if we get away with Division 1, we'll have won a watch.

* from which I resigned at the end of April.

I expect nothing less from the station that brings on the likes of Paul Brennan from CQN to discuss our ongoing saga, yet only begrudgingl y/ occassionally manages to find someone from our own fanbase to fight our corner.

It was with sardonic amusement that I listened to Stuart Cosgrove read out emails in support of Mr Spence yesterday. It is amazing that this sudden outpouring of support for Mr Spence should come in the week he was outed as a raging hypocrite.

The agenda is so obvious you can only smile and shake your head. They're not even good at it.

I wouldn't want the average tartan tranny having any input on the strategic future of the game.

Unless I haven't heard anything, there has been liitle or no strategic input in the game since Regan arrived.

Monumental amounts of work in redefining the rules, anti-sectarianism, stricter sanctions and an unholy interest in all things Rangers.

But nope, no strategic input.

Unless the strategy is that the national team are on a one way ticket to compete with the likes of Andorra and San Marino.