More Players to Leave McLeod‏@BBCLiamMcLeod

Am I wrong in thinking that the SFA should be spending their time better by making their guidelines and the relevant legislation relating to player contracts/registration clear?

Am I wrong in thinking that the SFA should be spending their time better by ensuring the survival of the Club which essentially guarantees the future for the largest fan base in Scotland.

I feel that sometimes we have got so mired in our own problems that we fail to see the bumbling mess that the governing bodies are making of this. As far as I'm aware, this kind of situation has NEVER happened in the history of world football, and any other association would have been proactive a long time ago.

The SFA are sitting idly by, allowing - nay actively aiding and helping - the largest football Club in Scotland to cease to exist, and all the related jobs and income that have traditionally come from it.

Another first for Regan.

Historically, we've never been blessed with competency in the SFA, but Regan takes the cake. He's taking incompetency to a hitherto unimagined level.

The cynic in me says that when he has done his job, the real powers that be will shove him out the door before he damages anything more - particularly the income and aspirations of CFC.

I'd be perfectly happy to take a year out and have an Public Inquiry and a shitload of court cases. Also happy to contribute to it.

And while I'm ranting, where are our fan groups and the RFFF on this? We no longer need a shitload of diverse interests. We need one strong fan group - and only one - singing from the same hymn sheet, letting us know what's going on, and doing the job they should be doing. Saving the Rangers.

How anybody could be the slightest bit surprised is frankly beyond me.

I bare no ill against any player who chooses to leave.

Que sera sera.

It's not the leaving as such although only one party will cash it in with this move, it's the statement that's really got my blood boiling.

If their T&C's are protected by TUPE then the only reason to leave is the uncertainty over which League/Division we will be playing in. That will be decided within the next two weeks or a little longer, so what's the rush? There would be plenty of time to arrange transfers thereafter.

It seems to me that the players concerned (and I think there will be more) are simply taking advantage of the clauses they negotiated at the time of the pay reductions, which were almost forced upon them; certainly freely entered into by both sides. One could argue that by doing so they are just trying to get back the money they lost in salaries, from signing on fees etc. On a quick calcualtion that might have been around £250,000, a not inconsiderable sum. There was some talk that newco/sevco might recompense them for some or all of that loss but that seems unlikely.

So in reality it's a commercial decision and from that perspective the outcome was inevitable.

On the footballing front, Naismith will do well in a middling EPL side, Aston Villa or Sunderland perhaps, possibly an even higher level?

Whittaker will struggle at that level, especially as a defender. He is not as good as Hutton was and look what happened to him.