More Players to Leave McLeod‏@BBCLiamMcLeod

Not the end of the world if McGregor goes. Hopefully Alexander will see it as the ideal opportunity to become Gers No.1!!!

Why would Alexander stay, though? He is an international class goalie. Accepting a contract offer from a club with no players or fixtures is unlikely to appeal in the way being No.2 at title contenders did.

Why would Alexander stay, though? He is an international class goalie. Accepting a contract offer from a club with no players or fixtures is unlikely to appeal in the way being No.2 at title contenders did.

It gives him the chance to secure no.1 spot, which he's never gonna get with Greegs around!!

This is an "out there" comment - but it could be part of why HMRC refused to the CVA. The CVA was valued at 5.5 million - just look at the asset values of those players alone (Davis, Naismith, McGregor) and you will see that HMRC could have achieved more if the players were sold at full value (I know, I know - they had low fee clauses inserted). Just a thought.

If the players aren't interested in helping the club any further, I can't see why they'd be interested in paying creditors. If the admin / liquidators think otherwise I don't think they would get much joy out of trying to deny the players a free transfer.

That said if the CVA proposal had been delayed for a few more weeks as well as offers received pre-transfer window accepted then it goes without saying that there could have been more in the creditors pot. However, I would also expect that the value of the business assets and hence bidders interest would have been lower.

I will say this.... the actions of McGregor, especially, have kind of increased my suspicion levels around what Green's plans are. No, I am not anti-Green, but McGregor was one of the few players (along with Naismith, for me at least) who I thought might stick with us even if we dropped a division. McGregor is certainly one of us too. So why ?

Or could it be to force Green's hand. Lets not forget that these players could still end up signing for Rangers..... under new ownership. I am not saying it will happen but there is nothing to stop any of these players still signing for us in the event Green says "fuck it, I dont need the hassle - here, McColl, give me my 8 million, there's the keys, good luck".

Wishful thinking ? Course it is. I would have built my team around McGregor and Naismith.

I was suggesting as much last night Craig. I really think something might be going on behind the scenes here and it wouldn't surprise me at all if what's going on is the players getting together and trying to force Green & co to sell up and GTF.

It has been noticeable that most of the players who have 'left' have been local guys and bluenoses. No way those guys haven't spoken at length to McCoist and McDowall.

Now, could this be a set up to essentially force Green & Co. out? Like ... these Rangers people amongst the players have talked to Walter and once they are gone, they are still free agents for some time. Thus, in case Walter & Co. takes over from Green, they can sign on for free again. Just a thought.

Anyway ... if that isn't the case, I am simply deeply disappointed in the Rangers men amongst those players, who easily (yes, it is that simple) could have signed up and still moved on till the end of August. Now, as it stands, they not only leave a whole in the teamsheet, but a far deeper and much more needed gap in the finances.

Just noted amms post. I for one expected the players to arrive on Thursday for training and talks. You (amms) suggest that the Rangers men have talked to Ally and still moved on? That logic defies me. As it stands, the players have not talked to Green at all so far .... for he could hardly tell them any encouraging things. And much of that is not of his making either.

Edited by der Berliner