More Players to Leave McLeod‏@BBCLiamMcLeod

Today's Record caries quotes from Davis regarding the lack of communication. It also says that Green refused to meet players to discuss inserting clauses into contracts if players moved to 'newco' in case we find ourselves in Div 3. It also say's Fleck spent yesterday trying to reach Rangers "management" to discuss the situation but they couldn't be reached. Read into that what you will.

That is very concerning if this is indeed the case. Wish I could fast forward time to see where we are in 6 weeks when the season starts. Time seems to be running out far to quickly for this to get resolved. Worrying times.

Said it before, say it again: these players could all have signed up for the newco (if somesuch was needed) and left before the end of the months still. No-one would question their motives, given the state we are in. No, some would probably be applauded for getting it done this way and helping the club with a transfer fee. This is the cheap way out, a way that eases more money into the player's coffers, as their agents will trash out fine signing-on fees for their "free agents".

That assumes a number of things. Firstly that the club would be willing to let them leave for a realistic amount, secondly that the club actually wanted them to transfer over in the first place and lastly that we are being run by honourable people who would keep their word.

Again, what should Green have told them? His hands are tight and he can solely look on what the SPL and SFA decide.

As for not being about, I would assume that Green & Co. have their hands full with SFA, SPL, and documents stuff ... and the players are due back this week anyway. "Management" might include McCoist, who is still on holiday, IIRC.

You can see plots and horror at every corner, but you can also look for reasonable explanations. Either might be false, but that does not stop you from looking.

That assumes a number of things. Firstly that the club would be willing to let them leave for a realistic amount, secondly that the club actually wanted them to transfer over in the first place and lastly that we are being run by honourable people who would keep their word.

1) Do you assume that in our current state we will look for unreasonable fees? What's reasonable for Davis? 2m?

2) Can't understand that line of though at all.

3) What, you mean they would force a player to stay on? That has worked in the world of football before, has it?

Again, what should Green have told them? His hands are tight and he can solely look on what the SPL and SFA decide.

As for not being about, I would assume that Green & Co. have their hands full with SFA, SPL, and documents stuff ... and the players are due back this week anyway. "Management" might include McCoist, who is still on holiday, IIRC.

You can see plots and horror at every corner, but you can also look for reasonable explanations. Either might be false, but that does not stop you from looking.

I took it to mean McCoist and the coaching staff, I could be wrong. I'm sure they do have their hands full but I'd have thought speaking to the players would have been a priority frankly.

What Green could have done is agree to release to the players if we do find ourselves in Div 3.

1) Do you assume that in our current state we will look for unreasonable fees? What's reasonable for Davis? 2m?

2) Can't understand that line of though at all.

3) What, you mean they would force a player to stay on? That has worked in the world of football before, has it?

1. What's reasonable, quite. I'd say if we'd agreed say £500,000 release clause for Davis if we find ourselves in Div 3 or out of the game all together would be reasonable. His agent might disagree. That way we would receive something that would help fund the club. Had we agree similar 'nominal' amounts for release of players who clearly aren't going to play in Div 3 then we could have received in the region of £3 to £4 million in transfer fees, the players would have still been bargains and would still be able to negotiate pretty good signing-on/salary deals with their new clubs. We'd have sold them for a fraction of their real value but better than what we'll get now.

2. Okay. Perhaps we can't afford the current squad on current salaries and need to clear the wage bill. Players walking out would help in that scenario. Perhaps not being in administration again is part of some grand design. I'm guessing here.

3. If the value of players contracts helps inflate the value of the club for selling purposes then refusing to sell players might be a scenario that could occur if Green was looking to get out. Refusing to sell a player to club A who have offered £500,000 and who the player wants to sign for could well happen if say club B offers £750,000 for the player. Clubs can and do say it's club B or nothing, take it or leave it. The player is unhappy but what can he do.

It also says that Green refused to meet players to discuss inserting clauses into contracts if players moved to 'newco' in case we find ourselves in Div 3.

From my VERY limited knowledge of the regulations....doesn't the contract transfer over exactly as is. Maybe the players are trying to use this opportunity to renegotiate contracts (inc. various conditions etc) and being told NO, accept the transfer now & we'll maybe review the contracts @ a later date when things calm down a bit. The players aren't liking this and jumping ship.

From my VERY limited knowledge of the regulations....doesn't the contract transfer over exactly as is. Maybe the players are trying to use this opportunity to renegotiate contracts (inc. various conditions etc) and being told NO, accept the transfer now & we'll maybe review the contracts @ a later date when things calm down a bit. The players aren't liking this and jumping ship.

Possibly, you've as much chance as being right on this as I have.

the simple thing would have been for the new owners to meet the players and staff and offerd them all new contracts at a decent wage to join the newco if players were still not happy ask them to still sign and with it in writing put them on the transfer list that way some much needed cash comes to the club and the players will find a new club .

the simple thing would have been for the new owners to meet the players and staff and offerd them all new contracts at a decent wage to join the newco if players were still not happy ask them to still sign and with it in writing put them on the transfer list that way some much needed cash comes to the club and the players will find a new club .

Seeing they haven't done this, does it not tell you a thing or two about the new owners.