Keith Jackson On Talksprt

Can I ask a simple question? Does it matter if we go into admin again? What will happen? Will we be fined? Will we have points docked? As we are currently not a member of any league or registered with the SFA I fail to see what could happen?

On the flip side...is this not what McColl and Co have been waiting for? I have it on good authority that the McColl thing is not finished at all

Can I ask a simple question? Does it matter if we go into admin again? What will happen? Will we be fined? Will we have points docked?

Obviously it depends on various factors including timing, but assuming that we'll be playing in SFL division 1, 2 or 3 then a second administration might see the SFL hitting us with the same points deduction applied to Dundee which was 25 points.

It depends on the SFL & SFA's interpretation of our sequence of events and the newco aspect though because it's possible that it would be viewed as the newco going into administration a first time rather than Rangers going into administration a second time.

Whyte would probably have had to put us into administration in October or November if he had been running the company business properly, paying the club's tax bills and other bills on time.

Edit - I should have added that Whyte should have sold players (especially Jelavic) in August to keep the club running and to start cost-cutting measures. Craig Whyte however, did not want to keep Rangers running. His actions show quite clearly that he knew he was going to put the club into administration all along. It was just a matter of when, not if.

If Whyte had run the company properly we would not be in administration at all. We would be waiting for the ftt result.

If Whyte had run the company properly we would not be in administration at all. We would be waiting for the ftt result.

He didn't have the finances (or facilities) in place to keep the club running for the season even by not paying HMRC the club's taxes. How far into the season would he have gotten if he'd paid all the bills?

He didn't have the finances (or facilities) in place to keep the club running for the season even by not paying HMRC the club's taxes. How far into the season would he have gotten if he'd paid all the bills?

He could, as you yourself said, have sold Jelavic to cover costs.

There WERE ways to avoid administration. They would have been brutal, for sure, but we COULD have managed to have escaped administration.

The fact we always "fire-sale" our players wouldnt have helped though, dont get me wrong.

he didn't need to raise the wage bill by 7 million.

He could, as you yourself said, have sold Jelavic to cover costs.

There WERE ways to avoid administration. They would have been brutal, for sure, but we COULD have managed to have escaped administration.

Absolutely and that's basically what I said in a previous post. Administration could definitely have been avoided if Whyte had wanted, but it appears to have been the intended outcome all along. It's something we were well warned of from our enemies and a good number of Bears saw it coming too.

he didn't need to raise the wage bill by 7 million.

That was an alarm bell series of events right there. Anyone who wasn't saying "WTF?" to themselves when Whittaker got his bumper deal wasn't thinking straight.

That as well as the London office nonsense and other strange ones like signing new players were clearly a case of deliberately throwing away money at times when Whyte should have been doing the opposite if he had the club's best interests at heart.