Steve Davis gives his reasons

Rangers captain Steven Davis admits he 'agonised' over the decision to reject having his contract transferred to a newco but did so for the benefit of his career.

The Northern Ireland midfielder became the latest player to refuse to the transfer on Tuesday, following in the footsteps of Allan McGregor, Kyle Lafferty and Jamie Ness.

Steven Naismith, Steven Whittaker Rhys McCabe and Sone Aluko had already decided to snub the offer of a transfer to Charles Green's newco, which was set up in the wake of the original 140-year-old club's liquidation earlier this month.

The new Rangers are set to begin the new campaign in the Scottish Football League, with SPL clubs poised to reject their application to play in Scotland's top flight in a ballot next week.

Davis admits his desire to continue his career in top-flight football was the key factor behind is decision, but stressed it was not one taken lightly.

"I have never been one to shout my mouth off. Only those that know me will know how much Rangers mean to me. I felt it was only right to give the fans an explanation of how I've agonised so much over this decision," he said in a statement.

Best years

"I signed a new contract last year in the knowledge of giving my best years to the club with European football and challenging for leagues & cups year after year, that's why I came to Rangers.

"My young family love life in Scotland but after all that's gone on since going into administration in February there comes a point when I needed to make a decision based on what was best for my short career. I am 27 and I hope you all understand I need to be playing at the highest possible level.

"I have had a great relationship with everyone at the club, from the fans to management right through to the tea ladies since the day I walked through the door at Murray Park.

"Hopefully, I've repaid everyone by playing my part in teams that have won eight trophies and a European final in my four-and-a-half years at Rangers.

"I've been lucky enough to not only play for but captain my boyhood heroes and no matter what I achieve in the future I'll look back at the time I spent with the club as some of the happiest years of my life.

"I would like to thank Walter Smith, Ally McCoist, Kenny McDowall, Ian Durrant and Ewan Chester for bringing me to Ibrox and indeed everyone associated with the club and wish everyone well."

All the best Steven

This constant falsification of facts ...

... which was set up in the wake of the original 140-year-old club's liquidation

... will make sure that common people will view it as the end of Rangers FC. Scum media doing their job.

It's up to Rangers fans to put the record straight, the Company behind Rangers FC was set up in 1899 and is set for liquidation, the 'Club' pre-dates the company, and will outlive the company.

Guest Dutchy

Maybe the people that know you do know how much Rangers mean to you, but the fans that don't know you see you leaving in their hour of need.

Fair enough!

SANDY Jardine says the Rangers supporters are not fooled by the motives of the eight players - headed by captain Steve Davis - who want to walk out on the club for free.

And he wants to know why they are not honouring the deal they hatched in March when they agreed to pay cuts in return that they could quit for cut price deals.

Speaking exclusively in a powerful interview on RangersTV, Jardine said: "You have to say that if the players were up front and honest you would respect them more.

"Ally McCoist gave a statement last week where he asked the players not to kid anyone on and to be up front and honest with the supporters.

"Of course, we as a club don't expect international players to go down a division or a few divisions. We understand that situation.

"We would be reluctant to see them go but we would understand. They would move on with our best wishes and we would get a fee - albeit a rock bottom price in comparison to their market value.

"I know they made sacrifices but the gain will be huge in comparison. The unfortunate thing for us is that we get nothing.

"What we don't have an answer for is why the players simply did not adhere to the original deal and allow the club to make money from these reduced fees.

"What we have to do in our situation is to get everything sorted out, know what league we are in, know what players are staying and then start to build from there.

"If we don't have money from fees for players leaving - which we are completely entitled to - then what are we supposed to build on, fresh air?

"There was an agreement reached over wage cuts and they got a great deal because they could leave for rock bottom prices and now they have seen an opportunity. In many ways it's greed.

"A lot of them are being manipulated by their agents but as Ally said, tell us the truth; be up front and honest and don't put these smokescreens up.

"I for one don't believe them and I know the vast majority of the supporters don't believe them either."

WATCH THE WHOLE INTERVIEW NOW ON RANGERSTV AND TV LITE

http://www.tv.rangers.co.uk/articles/20120627/were-not-fooled_2254024_2824442

Ah the same Sandy Jardine who couldn't even organise a wreath from the club for the funeral of Gerry Neef let alone a representative of the club to attend, who despite numerous requests from the Mayor of Nuremberg's office for assistance with a tv programme about Gerry didn't even return a call.

Ah the same Sandy Jardine who couldn't even organise a wreath from the club for the funeral of Gerry Neef let alone a representative of the club to attend, who despite numerous requests from the Mayor of Nuremberg's office for assistance with a tv programme about Gerry didn't even return a call.

I agree with what he is saying though

Well....I suppose you could always argue that the creditors were equally entitled to their money. So, in a karmic way, it comes around.

At the very least it can be used to counter the argument that we shafted creditors....now we've been similarly shafted.

I agree. Mr Jardine has stuck his neck above the trenches in recent times and is seen in a very good light by many as a result. But in my eyes the very negative experiences I have had with him over a number of years still stick in my throat. Torn faced git if you ask me.