JAMIE NESS became the first Rangers rebel to find a new club last night after sealing a move to Stoke City.

The midfielderâ??s dream switch to the Premier League side on a four-year deal comes just 48 hours after he rejected newco Rangers.

Potters boss Pulis had quietly been tracking the 21-year-old ever since his dazzling scoring debut against Celtic at Ibrox in January last year.

Nessâ?? career looked set for take-off after that game, but injuries took their toll and he has made just 16 appearances in as many months.

He ended five months out last season by playing against Celtic, Dundee United and Motherwell.

And Pulis pounced for Ness â?? one of ten top players to leave Ibrox â?? as soon as it became clear he was a free agent due to employment law.

Stoke sources last night confirmed the youngster passed a stringent medical without a hitch and had concluded the deal.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/feeds/smartphone/scotland/4398919/Jamie-first-to-go-as-Stoke-swoop.html#ixzz1z3BLBrua

As I said somewhere else, people should be wary signing for another team right now, as should other teams be wary signing them. The legal case is not being solved just yet and in some cases we will have a case for compensation (Fleck) anyway, and possibly transfer fees.

I wish him all the best.

I wouldn't have transferred across to NewCo because I would have worries about what would have happened next - whether it is Charles or Bomber or Colonel Mustard who was in charge. The club is a total shambles and if I had the chance to get out I'd have taken it. If I, who's been going since 1985ish feel that way, how can I blame someone starting out on their career?

Yes, staying then leaving for a fee would have been better but in the circumstances, I don't blame anyone for doing a runner. It's hard to take, but understandable.