Direct Debits have been reinstated by a company called Fastpay Ltd. Check your bank

Guest bluebell12

Don't know about fraud but it's pretty common with a lot of companies, I've had a couple of them do it two me after the final DD is paid. They will tell you they handed collection over to a different collecting house without updating their data.

Ignorance should be no defence though GA.

I cancelled my direct debit at the bank and also notified Rangers ticket centre that I was doing so and this was confirmed via email from the rangers ticket centre and just checked my bank and their are no DD payments set up for rangers

I believe the bank advise you to notify the company to whom the direct debit belongs to and advise them of the cancellation! The only time a direct debit can be activated again is if the company resends a direct debit mandate and you and you complete it to authorise the company to collect the payments again.

I would strongly advise those who have DD reinstated again to contact your bank and have it cancelled and then contact Rangers ticket centre or fastpay and advise them of your intentions as you may have a struggle getting your money back!

Edited by Gers4Life

I cancelled my DD by email to my bank which has been confirmed and by letter to Rangers which has not been confirmed (but that might just be because they have a large number to acknowledge!).

I have checked my account and no money has gone out to Rangers or Fastpay. I have checked the DD list and the one to Rangers shows as cancelled and there is no one for Fastpay Ltd.

I am not entirely clear from the posts whether or not anyone has actually had any money taken as yet of if it is just the case that the DD's gave been reinstated but let's not confuse the situation because there are two issues here.

1. The Direct Debiting Mandate is in favour of Rangers not any particular bank, bank account or other company such as Fastpay and it authorises Rangers to collect a certain amount of money (or may be any amount of money) on certain dates. Rangers are obliged to notify you of the amounts and the dates and they have done that. I may be wrong but in my opinion it is up to Rangers how they collect that money from your bank account. If they chose to use a company such as Fastpay to initiate the debits rather than their bank then I don't see an issue with that. I don't think there is necessarily anything sinister in that, it may just be that Fastpay offer the service cheaper than their bank.

2. Reinstating cancelled Direct Debits without authorisation is quite another matter and may well be a fraud if done intentionally or potential fraud as has been suggested. I have come across this before and the banks usual excuse for making a payment in these circumstances is that they assumed you the customer had reinstated the DD otherwise why would the originator be collecting money. However if you have proof that you cancelled the DD with Rangers and therefore on the most generous interpretation they are collecting it in error then you have an absolute entitlement to an immediate refund through a scheme called the Direct Debit Guarantee. I would advise anyone who has money debited from their account in these circumstances to contact their bank manager by email (phone for the Mangerâ??s email address if you donâ??t have it) or via their central email address and request an immediate refund under the Direct Debit Guarantee. You should state the date the bank confirmed the DD cancellation, the date Rangers confirmed the cancellation and scan to attach any documents or forward the email confirmations. Immediate in this context should mean as quickly as the bank system can process it but certainly the refund should appear in your account not later than 24hrs after you make the request. You may also be entitled to compensation if the bank admits to paying without authorisation.

All that said it is possible that what has happened here is that Rangers have transferred the collections to Fastpay and there have been some errors whereby some debits that were cancelled have not been cancelled on their system. Of course it is also possible that Rangers have said just collect them all and hope for the best.

My bank manager is a bluenose so I will run all this by him now and if anything I have said is wrong then I will post here tomorrow night.

Ticket Office email.

The recipient already had written confirmation from RFC confirming his DD had been cancelled.

Dear MR XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Rangers Number: XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sort Code: XXXXXX

Account: XXXXXXXX

Thank you once again for renewing your season ticket by Direct Debit for season 2012/13.

As a result of the changes at the Club there are new arrangements in place for the collection of your direct debits. If your first payment was to have been collected on Friday 29 June 2012, this will now be taken from your account on Friday July 6 2012 by Fastpay Ltd on behalf of Sevco Scotland, trading as The Rangers Football Club.

The first payment will be for the amount shown on your original confirmation letter and the remaining payment dates will remain unchanged. Any subsequent payments will be reduced to take account of any movement in price as a result of playing in an alternative league. All payments taken from your account by the Club will be referenced RFC Season Ticket.

Any season ticket holders wishing to cancel their season ticket should contact the Rangers Ticket Centre, quoting your Rangers Number, via one of the following channels:

â?¢ Postal to Rangers Ticket Centre, 150 Edmiston Drive, Glasgow G51 2XD

â?¢ By email to webmail@rangers.co.uk

Thank you for your continued support for the Club.

Yours sincerely

Susan Hannah

Ticket Operations Manager

Ticket Office email.

The recipient already had written confirmation from RFC confirming his DD had been cancelled.

In my opinion anyone who receives this message and doesn't wish to pay should contact the Ticket Centre immediately stating that they have already cancelled and that Rangers have no authority to reinstate the the DDM by Fastpay Ltd on behalf of Sevco Scotland, trading as The Rangers Football Club or any other means.

As I said above let's hope this is just an error and not a deliberate attempt to collect money against the wishes of the supporters concerned.

In my opinion anyone who receives this message and doesn't wish to pay should contact the Ticket Centre immediately stating that they have already cancelled and that Rangers have no authority to reinstate the the DDM by Fastpay Ltd on behalf of Sevco Scotland, trading as The Rangers Football Club or any other means.

As I said above let's hope this is just an error and not a deliberate attempt to collect money against the wishes of the supporters concerned.

RFC passed over the entire tranche of data of the circa 18,000 who were on the DD list irrespective if they had cancelled on not.

I'm not aware of anybody having signed a mandate authorising Sevco Scotland Ltd to withdraw funds via Direct Debit, the trading as Rangers Football Club is a red herring, surely if money were debited by Fastpay on behalf of Sevco Scotland then that would have required a fresh mandate.

Whether it is deliberate or not the actions are incredibly sloppy and not at all professional.

I expect the papers to run with this in the morning.

I'm not aware of anybody having signed a mandate authorising Sevco Scotland Ltd to withdraw funds via Direct Debit, the trading as Rangers Football Club is a red herring, surely if money were debited by Fastpay on behalf of Sevco Scotland then that would have required a fresh mandate.

It is a fair point the more so because of the oldco/ newco situation.

I have copied the club's email (not received by me) my OP and your question to my bank manager and will post his reply tomorrow night.

It is a fair point the more so because of the oldco/ newco situation.

I have copied the club's email (not received by me) my OP and your question to my bank manager and will post his reply tomorrow night.

Could you find out if a fresh mandate would be required by A)anybody on the list with an already active DD B)by anybody who had cancelled their DD in writing and received written confirmation from RFC or C) neither.

Had a look on the DD smartwaytopay website but it isn't much help.