Direct Debits have been reinstated by a company called Fastpay Ltd. Check your bank

Guest bluebell12

Could you find out if a fresh mandate would be required by A)anybody on the list with an already active DD B)by anybody who had cancelled their DD in writing and received written confirmation from RFC or C) neither.

Had a look on the DD smartwaytopay website but it isn't much help.

I've asked the second question; I'll add the first; don't understand ©. Do you mean if you want to set one up now would it be to Rangers or Sevco? If so my guess would be whoever sends it to you if you apply to buy a season ticket by that method.

I've asked the second question; I'll add the first; don't understand ©. Do you mean if you want to set one up now would it be to Rangers or Sevco? If so my guess would be whoever sends it to you if you apply to buy a season ticket by that method.

No sorry should have worded it better by C) I mean that a fresh mandate in not required in either scenario A) or B), and that the original mandate would be valid.

No sorry should have worded it better by C) I mean that a fresh mandate in not required in either scenario A) or B), and that the original mandate would be valid.

We'll get that by answer to the first two questions; if he's prepared to answer at all that is.

However as it's RBS might take them a while to process the DD's anyway!

Just out of interest, how many people have suffered this? The chap the OP mentioned and half a dozen others? Or are we speaking about a few hundred within these 18k?

Depends how many had written to cancel, I imagine it would be hundreds as opposed to thousands.

Could it simply be a communication breakdown???

RFC/Sevco supplied the list of DD's to Fastpay before the folk cancelled the DD's. These cancellations may not have been passed to or processed Fastpay (in time, or at all).

It is possible that the folk who had cancelled had spotted the DD's before Fastpay had a chance to push through updates etc.

It may possibly be another mountain out of a mole hill.