Why we should not pay football debts.

As title says, we should not pay for a number of reasons.

The debts were with the old company, not the newco.

We have players leaving for free because we are a newco. So why would we lose players for free from a new company but pay debts from the old one? Total madness.

Why would we pay say the rest of LW tranfers but not get the money the old company was owed for Jelavic from Everton?

People cant have it both ways, they cant say we are a new club or company and want to take money and history away but at the same time punish us as if we are the old company.

All valid points, but IMHO its about compromise. By getting us to clear debt associated with the oldco, NO-ONE can then dispute the clubs history.

I also think its fair to settle the footballing debt - these are debts that technically, the CLUB has incurred!!!

All valid points, but IMHO its about compromise. By getting us to clear debt associated with the oldco, NO-ONE can then dispute the clubs history.

I also think its fair to settle the footballing debt - these are debts that technically, the CLUB has incurred!!![/QUOTE]

Ok then we should get any money that is owed that will go to the old part then.

I think it's the decent thing to do. If we want to negotiate with these clubs in the future we should settle these debts.

I cant beleive we still have fans that are talking about the decent thing to do??

No wonder people treat our club like dirt and walk all over us.

If we agree and pay the old debts, then it will confirm once and for all that anybody can just walk all over us.

Ok then we should get any money that is owed that will go to the old part then.

There is no legal obligation for us to settle the football debt. If we are "forced" by agreement into settling it, it may be worthwhile negotiating with those clubs that owe Rangers, to see if there is an agreement that can be reached. However, they are legally creditors to the oldco, so there may be no agreement CAN be reached.

I believe UEFA don't allow clubs to buy players internationally unless they have settled all debts.

I presume the SFA take a similar approach and prevent membership until the debt is at least adopted, and I don't see the problem with it.

I cant beleive we still have fans that are talking about the decent thing to do??

No wonder people treat our club like dirt and walk all over us.

If we agree and pay the old debts, then it will confirm once and for all that anybody can just walk all over us.

So if we sold Jelavic for £10 million pounds and Everton went under you would be happy for us to miss out on that cash? You're being a tad petty CG, while we obviously have no obligation to pay these debts and if we don't I won't be too bothered.

I just personally feel that if we want to have a reputation where we can deal with teams and agree deals to pay transfers up over a period of time in the future this is a good gesture to make in mending that reputation.

Otherwise personally I would be expecting 100% cash up front for any future transactions.