Rangers Fans Fighting Fund Survey

The Rangers Fans Fighting Fund have listened to the views of a variety of Scottish clubs and their fanbases about the current situation at Rangers and would like to offer Rangers supporters the opportunity to give their collective opinion.

In the interests of sporting integrity, the RFFF approached Charles Green for permission (which was granted) to conduct an electronic survey on their behalf amongst the Clubâ??s season ticket database.

This will give an indication of the thoughts on what Division you, the fans, believe Rangers should aim to be playing in next season. The choices, as we see them, are:

1.Rangers should apply to join the SFL First Division next season (which may include possible sanctions)

2.Rangers should apply to join the SFL First Division next season (with no sanctions)

3.Rangers should apply to join the SFL Third Division (with no sanctions)

In order to complete this survey please click on the link below - entitled 'Rangers Fans Fighting Fund Survey' - and submit your entry no later than 12noon on Monday 2 July 2012.

As fans you are encouraged to express your views in this survey and the results will be made public

https://www.research.net/s/RangersFanSurvey

Guest scozzygt

my opinion- division 3

start afresh, so the timmys cant moan about us getting preferential treatment!

we can rise like a phoenix from the bottom to the top.

The Rangers Fans Fighting Fund have listened to the views of a variety of Scottish clubs and their fanbases about the current situation at Rangers and would like to offer Rangers supporters the opportunity to give their collective opinion.

In the interests of sporting integrity, the RFFF approached Charles Green for permission (which was granted) to conduct an electronic survey on their behalf amongst the Club’s season ticket database.

This will give an indication of the thoughts on what Division you, the fans, believe Rangers should aim to be playing in next season. The choices, as we see them, are:

1.Rangers should apply to join the SFL First Division next season (which may include possible sanctions)

2.Rangers should apply to join the SFL First Division next season (with no sanctions)

3.Rangers should apply to join the SFL Third Division (with no sanctions)

In order to complete this survey please click on the link below - entitled 'Rangers Fans Fighting Fund Survey' - and submit your entry no later than 12noon on Monday 2 July 2012.

As fans you are encouraged to express your views in this survey and the results will be made public

https://www.research.net/s/RangersFanSurvey

Whilst it is nice to be asked this survey is nonsense because Rangers cannot apply to join SFL1 with or without sanctions, they can only apply to join the SFL, which means starting in Division 3.

The only circumstance in which Rangers could be in the SFL1 next season is if the SFL Clubs determine that such a course of action is appropriate under the scheme being promoted at the moment and frankly that seems highly unlikely unless some pretty powerful arm twisting is done in the next few days.

Furthermore, applying to the SFL and de facto the third division by no means guarantees admission as others such as Spartans will apply and some in the third division especially might find a club like that a more attractive proposition from the point of view of their own chances of promotion than Rangers, which most would take to mean that they were playing for second place.

If I could vote on it, I would vote for the third division; because it means we do our penance, no one can complain and as others have said we can bounce back like Fiorentina, who played us in the semi-final of the UEFA Cup , six years after going bankrupt and starting again in the 4th Division..

The 1st Division could have been very possible for Rangers without sanctions if say 2 up and 2 down were in place, as in most leagues all over the world....but the SPL won't have such a situation as it's not 'sporting integrity' to promote two teams up at the same time.

If I could vote on it, I would vote for the third division; because it means we do our penance, no one can complain and as others have said we can bounce back like Fiorentina, who played us in the semi-final of the UEFA Cup , six years after going bankrupt and starting again in the 4th Division..

Fairytale stuff alright. We have applied to join, SFL1 is the authorities recommendation for economic reasons, a different set of circumstances to Fiorentina. This is no longer just about what to do about us but has provided an opportunity for change that was not possible before our crisis. If that works in our favour then I am all for it. SFL1 for me. I think we will start to see more pragmatic thinking over the next few days from chairmen and journalists. If not the whole game is screwed.