The rat speaks again with more excuses

STEVEN NAISMITH has spoken of his fears for Rangersâ?? future.

The Scotland star revealed his pain at walking away from the club he grew up supporting.

And he says he reached the heart-breaking decision to become a free agent after chief executive Charles Green failed to speak to him.

Naismith said: â??Thereâ??s always going to be a fear for the club until the fans get the answers to their questions.

â??No matter whoâ??s in charge, if they donâ??t come out with answers then people will always be sceptical.

â??Youâ??re not going to have that full trust. Fans need to be kept updated. Theyâ??re the backbone of the club.â?

Naismith chose to trigger UK employment law and not transfer across to Greenâ??s reformed Rangers.

He has been criticised by some Gers fans, who claim he should have stayed at least so the club could demand a fee.

Naismith said: â??Mr Green had ample chance to speak to me about any matter but chose not to do so, as with many of the other players.

â??We got an email saying that was us transferred over to a new company. It was a case of â??I bought the club for this amount, so youâ??ll transfer overâ??.

â??This is a guy who Iâ??ve never spoken to and who I know nothing about.

â??I donâ??t know what the future holds for the club, yet he was wanting me to move to his company just like that.

â??It just doesnâ??t make sense to me, so Iâ??m pleased with the decision that Iâ??ve come to. I have thought long and hard about the bigger picture.

â??And, knowing there was something not right about it all, I started to ask questions.â?

Green has claimed players who walked are in breach of contract.

And heâ??s made known his intention to go after them and the clubs which eventually sign them.

But Naismith said: â??What heâ??s said since doesnâ??t bother me because Iâ??ve never had any dealings with him.

â??Iâ??ve taken advice and think Iâ??m right.

â??If he can come in and take Rangers back to the club they were, then thatâ??ll be fantastic.

â??But he just doesnâ??t seem to be communicating effectively with anybody.

â??By that, I mean employees, fans â?? anyone whoâ??s associated with the club.

â??It doesnâ??t leave a bitter taste about what he says, though, because heâ??s a guy Iâ??ve never met.

â??To me, heâ??s simply a stranger.â?

Naismith also insists administrators Duff & Phelps could have handled the whole insolvency process much better.

He added: â??They told us at the start they would keep us updated but then you would never see or hear from them.

â??Then theyâ??d suddenly turn up and ask for a decision by four oâ??clock that day.

â??To sit there and try to pressure us into decisions was unfair.

â??From the outset, the boys wanted to defer their wages. But the administrators said it would just be about cuts.

â??Thatâ??s when all the contract talks started and led to some of the outcomes we have now.â?

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4404225/Naisy-Why-I-fear-for-Rangers.html#ixzz1zK0dE6CG

The Sun again as well.

Indeed, how dare he only email them, not like there's been a load of other things for him to deal with?

Ha mate do you think gunslinger even reads the threads or post's now? I think he just see's something new and post's the same thing about Green time and time again.

Naismith you walked away ya turncoat prick and left real Rangers men to care for the club, therefore you no longer have the right to tell anyone at Rangers what they should or shouldn't be doing.

In a nutshell F#^k off and never darken our door again.

some people might feel the proper handling of millions of pounds worth of assets should be high on the list of priorities.

Was going to get into this with you but why bother you've set your mind against these people in charge, while at the same time not showing one piece of evidence they are at it.

And it wasn't millions of pounds worth after they had inserted stupid release prices into their contracts.

Edited by GovanAllan

some people might feel the proper handling of millions of pounds worth of assets should be high on the list of priorities.

If Green didn't want to have to go on bended knee to beg them to honour their contracts then I don't blame him.

If Green didn't want to have to go on bended knee to beg them to honour their contracts then I don't blame him.

I'm not sure it would have helped but he sure as hell should have outlined his plans to them and asked them to help the club In its time of need.