The rat speaks again with more excuses

I must say I get less and less inclined to defend Naismith every time he opens his mouth. His reasoning for leaving, while just about understandable, could surely have been addressed by meeting Green?

If he repeatedly tried to do so and was rebuffed, you'd say fair enough.

If he did so and was given unconvincing explanations, you'd say fair enough.

Even if he said this is a chance to make me and my kids really really secure for generations, I personally would say fair enough, tho some would not!

But to have concerns and to say, 'well, I'm not happy, so I'm off and it's Charles Green's fault' doesn't really cut it.

He could have begged them and it would have made no difference.

If Green wasn't aware the players could and would walk away then it was a major f*&k up by him, let's face it he's criticising the players for doing exactly the same as he's doing trying to make filthy lucre out of the situation no more no less.

IMHO,, he should never have came out and TOLD them he was just transfering them over to the newco. he said pubilcally they would all be breaching contract if they did this. that was undermining them from the outset.

I dont think green deserves the loyality some of you are quite keen to throw at him so early when he has been very very sketchy so far.. why has none of the scottish millionares who wanted to pump money in done what green suggested and joined his team?,, theres something fishy somewhere, and i suspect some of you will have egg on your faces soon.

why has none of the scottish millionares who wanted to pump money in done what green suggested and joined his team?

Probably for the same reason that none of the millionare fans have not stumped up the cash for a viable takeover either???

IMHO,, he should never have came out and TOLD them he was just transfering them over to the newco. he said pubilcally they would all be breaching contract if they did this. that was undermining them from the outset.

I dont think green deserves the loyality some of you are quite keen to throw at him so early when he has been very very sketchy so far.. why has none of the scottish millionares who wanted to pump money in done what green suggested and joined his team?,, theres something fishy somewhere, and i suspect some of you will have egg on your faces soon.

good post. couldn't agree more.

I dont think green deserves the loyality some of you are quite keen to throw at him so early when he has been very very sketchy so far.. why has none of the scottish millionares who wanted to pump money in done what green suggested and joined his team?,,

Because they want an element of control for their cash and I doubt that they would get that under Green. There's an element of ego with all millionaires and they would all want to be seen as top dog.

theres something fishy somewhere, and i suspect some of you will have egg on your faces soon.

That comes across as if you'd get pleasure in that. :(

The support has become very polarised over the past few weeks. I'm not sure who is going to end up owning the club but whichever side it is I doubt that many of the allegations on either side will be proven one way or the other, and the one thing that we will need is the support to come together for the good of the club and look forward and not take an attitude of "I told you so."

Because they want an element of control for their cash and I doubt that they would get that under Green. There's an element of ego with all millionaires and they would all want to be seen as top dog.

Ok,, Good point. I probably hadnt thought like thatm however it still doesnt begger belief if they loved rangers as much as they say they do, why would there egos prevent them pumping in the money?,, sorry, dont buy that. there numbers must'nt add up somewhere, surly not ALL there egos' have got the better of them?

That comes across as if you'd get pleasure in that. :(

Hell no.. I may be a new member, but you should'nt be so pesimistic.

Why would i take pleasure in seeing this go tits up again?

strange comment to make actually. I was just trying to be realistic.

The support has become very polarised over the past few weeks. I'm not sure who is going to end up owning the club but whichever side it is I doubt that many of the allegations on either side will be proven one way or the other, and the one thing that we will need is the support to come together for the good of the club and look forward and not take an attitude of "I told you so."

It would be proven if he sells some of the assets, but I can only agree there comes a time when unity should prevail, and we should all stick together, but I just cant bring myself to think like some of the other rangers fans views I read on here already in such a short space of time.

Lets be honest all these players would have gotten the transfers they wanted , the only difference being that the club would have gotten a small transfer fee , in most cases it was already written into the deals that were renegotiated.

Now somewhere between the new deals getting agreed and the takeover getting signed , these oplayers changed their minds and decided the juicy signing on fees would be better off in their banks than in Rangers .The administrators were the same , the buyer was the same , the players were the same , to say no one told them anything , to say that they didn,t know what was happening is just utter pish , christ do they not buy papers or go onto forums such as these , or heavens forbid they actually talk to fans in their families or each other .

They are a shower of arseholes , just my opinion , greedy arseholes , but to blame CG is just stupid and very very nieve