UEFA

Route de Genève 46

Case postale

CH-1260 Nyon 2

Switzerland

Fax: +41 (0) 848 01 2727

1st July 2012

Caro Michel

I have the honour to attach a copy of my findings and opinion by way of published article regarding the current situation within Scottish football.

As you will see my own views are in common with many of your own views and Art.2 (f) of the UEFA Statute that I know you have tried your hardest to accentuate namely:

f) ensure that sporting values always prevail over commercial interests.

The whole question of Rangers FC situation rests upon that very principle namely whether indeed UEFA can sustain a situation whereby a club that is per se older than its Association and which played football from 1873 until 1899 without the need for a Limited Liability Company as a shell should truly be denied continuous football simply because the ‘Limited Liability Company’ has failed commercially.

If indeed the sporting value should as per the Statute ‘always prevail’ then Rangers Football Club which was since its inception a separate entity to Rangers Football Club Limited must be allowed continuous football especially since the Scottish Football Association (apart from failing in its statutory obligations towards UEFA) has also failed to adhere to Art.2 (j):

j) ensure that the needs of the different stakeholders in European football (leagues, clubs, players, supporters) are properly taken into account;

The SFA have to date failed ensure the said “needs of players and supporters” whilst it has indeed canvassed only the views and needs/requirements of other clubs who of course knowing full well that only Rangers FC and Celtic FC have any chance in European Championship Competitions would seek to eliminate Rangers FC as a rival. They do so in complete violation of Art.2 (f) as above namely sporting value to always prevail above commercial considerations.

Art.2 (2) permits UEFA:

“to achieve its objectives by implementing any measures it deems appropriate, such as setting down rules, entering into agreements or conventions, taking decisions or adopting programmes.”

In my view thus UEFA has the statutory powers to intervene on an urgent basis in this matter and has the powers to order that Rangers FC be permitted continuous football at the same level as last season for the reasons stated in my attached treatise.

I have, as always the honour of remaining

Yours sincerely

Giovanni

Giovanni Di Stefano

GIOVANNI DI STEFANO LETTER TO UEFA PRESIDENT MICHEL PLATINI RE RANGERS

http://www.studiolegaleinternazionale.com/blogHome2.php

Edited by Steve1872
post link

Point is that di Stefano has made this public now and it has been spread over the boards and read by many people now. It's not confined to a handful of UEFA staff now. He has made valuable legal points and taken the torch to a place that will have to act one way or another. They could very well come up with their standard shield argument about: this is a matter of the national associations and we leave it in their hands. Hence, we need a decent QC to push on from here.

Point is that di Stefano has made this public now and it has been spread over the boards and read by many people now. It's not confined to a handful of UEFA staff now. He has made valuable legal points and taken the torch to a place that will have to act one way or another. They could very well come up with their standard shield argument about: this is a matter of the national associations and we leave it in their hands. Hence, we need a decent QC to push on from here.

One that knows the words to the sash?? lol

(trying to lighten the tone around here )