statement from bomber tomorow

What will you be doing then?

As a fan, there's little I can do.

As a consumer of the product, I could choose to refrain from buying the product. But that's just not an option.

Hope, I suppose. What else is there?

As a fan, there's little I can do.

As a consumer of the product, I could choose to refrain from buying the product. But that's just not an option.

Hope, I suppose. What else is there?

Well since you agree there's little alternative, why not just get behind the guy as we head towards recovery?

Well since you agree there's little alternative, why not just get behind the guy as we head towards recovery?

Sounds like Whyte all over again though. I would contend that most of us WANT to get behind Green but we have been so badly shafted with lies from charlatans that we are cynical about almost everybody (the only person I have not been cynical about was Walter, but that was purely based on the man himself, not the bid he was fronting).

Edited by craig

Sounds like Whyte all over again though. I wold contend that most of us WANT to ge behind Green but we have been so badly shafted with lies fro charlatans that we are cynical about almost everybody (the only person I have not been cynical about was Walter, but that was purely based on the man himself, not the bid he was fronting).

Assuming the worst of everyone really isn't going to get us anywhere either, i'm not talking about this site exactly but Green could say 'night turns to day' and there'd be people picking holes and calling him a liar.

I can totally understand our fans not wanting to hail anyone a hero, wanting to be vigilant and have questions etc. But the wild conclusions going about after such a short space of time and no real solid evidence, some need to pull themselves together and remember this isn't even about Charles Green or any of his investors, it's about Rangers Football Club and they need us.

Edited by simplythebest

Guest scozzygt

Personally,iam just about over the whole sorry saga. 44 years i have supported and followed the greatest club and the greatest fans, and now to see it reduced to this state that its in, with Rangers fans arguing amongst each other,any tom dick or harry claiming they are gonny save the club, and players leaving, are we ever gonny see the day where we can proudly claim, honestly, that we took them all on and came out as champions and unbeatable.

Dont know who or what to believe anymore, just sick to the pit of my stomach.

Oh, and that timmy shxyte from the east are just laughing their heads off.

Those baxxards murray/whyte, hope you get whats coming to you!

It will take some time, but it will be over eventually. The Scum will revel in it, the media will whip it up every now and then. If Green & Co. know their business, they will make sure that the club will work more sensibly from now on. At the end of the day, while we may face a season or two struggling on the park (mind you, it is not that the SPL has suddenly made a quality jump upwards), we will most likely have a club with no significant debts. We have a decent enough fan base to keep going, a fan base that can still hurt the rest of the SPL. While we cannot hope to challenge for grand honours next season, we can make sure that the same "justice" that is being handed out to us is levelled at the likes of Aberdeen and Dundee United in due course.

Anyway, before we start speculating about what may or may not happen, we can easily wait a few days more and see what will transpire. Then the lamenters can still have their day, or, as might be the case, those who will be relieved by a more positive outcome.

Assuming the worst of everyone really isn't going to get us anywhere either, i'm not talking about this site exactly but Green could say 'night turns to day' and there'd be people picking holes and calling him a liar.

I can totally understand our fans not wanting to hail anyone a hero, wanting to be vigilant and have questions etc. But the wild conclusions going about after such a short space of time and no real solid evidence, some need to pull themselves together and remember this isn't even about Charles Green or any of his investors, it's about Rangers Football Club and they need us.

I completely agree.

It is a damned if you do, damned if you dont situation.

We, the fans, have been shafted from this "he is the only show in town so lets back him" situation with Whyte - and I think that plays a fair bit on the minds of a lot of fans. Healthy scepticism is perfectly fine.

But I also think that Charles Green has been undermined too and quite probably unfairly. People are demanding he make announcements on his plans but the reality is that until we know what league we are in those plans MUST be fluid. They absolutely HAVE to be. The club should have a multitude of plans :

• SPL no sanctions
  • SPL - sanctions (and even then there would be differing sanctions so potentially different plans)
  • Div 1 - no sanctions
  • Div 1 - sanctions
  • Div 3 - no sanctions
  • Div 3 - sanctions

Given the sanctions themselves are fluid (made up on the fly) it is easy to see why there has been no announcement of plans as yet. He cant come out and say "we will spend 5 million on players this summer" only to find out that we will be playing in the 3rd division.

The other "bids" have certainly not helped. I am perplexed that so many seem to be supporting Brown's bid primarily because there is even LESS detail to that bid than there is to the plans Green has for the club.

Walter's bid, as I said previously, I was HAPPY about, as much because I trust Walter to do the right thing by us. He exudes integrity for me and he is someone I could inherently trust even with little detail (which I know I shouldnt do, but I just cant help it, he is/was Rangers for me) - and I also liked the fact that he had the personal wealth of McColl behind him - although how much of that wealth that would have gotten used is not known and it could have been nothing, but he does have much wealth behind him.

However, Charles Green has bought the club, has never hidden the fact that he wants to make money from it but has, as yet, done very little wrong to deserve the constant abuse he has been receiving from fans.

We also have fans and fan groups telling him to sell to "Rangers men".... but wait a minute... is his Chairman not a lifelong Rangers fan and season ticket holder of many years ? You dont need to be a Rangers man to OWN Rangers - but it SHOULD be a good thing to have a Rangers man at the helm of the club in the Chairman's capacity (SHOULD being the operative word as we all know - the Chairman needs to be a strong character, someone who is prepared to butt heads with his CEO and the club owners if he feels decisions are being made to the detriment of the club) - and Malcolm Murray, like Charles Green, deserves some latitude to actually MAKE decisions before we judge him.

As I say, healthy scepticism is GOOD, and we SHOULD be sceptical, we should ask the relevant questions and we should expect answers to them, at the appropriate time.

But to simply tell him to walk away is very harsh IMO, when he hasnt done anything as yet to warrant that.

I have said from the outset I am not anti-Green and I am not. I am, as GovanAllan so succinctly put it, getting splinters in my arse - I am fence-sitting - I havent seen much that he has really done wrong, certainly not significantly, so he has the benefit of the doubt from me.