SFA Membership Requirement document sent to Rangers

I fail to see any eventuality where the interests of the owners and their investment will not match the interests of the club in all this.

I can understand it if we were talking about the potential sale of a key player for a lot of dosh, but we are talkiing about much bigger things and I cannot see where there could be any misalignment.

really? no misalignment between say being able to play in the spl but having no legal recourse if titles are stripped and retaining our legal rights.

Green and Co to my mind will give up whatever they have to, just to say to a potential buyer, there you are Rangers are in the SPL.

Even more of a worry, is what will be given that will not be made public. Because if there is one thing to come out of this debacle, it is there are always worse things we don't know about.

I think the likes of HMRC and Ticketus would immediately head to the courts don't think the courts would allow you to pick being a bit of newco and a bit of oldco to suit yourself.

But that's not what they are doing though, is it? Many companies 'go bust' on Friday and open as almost identical companies on Monday with no recourse for creditors of the original company. In law they are different companies, they may have very similar names, employ the same people and do the same thing but they are legally different and no court will uphold a claim against them. Rangers 'newco' are not liable for any of the debts of the 'oldco' and Ticketus and particularly HMRC know this. That was one of the reasons it was so surprising they decided against the CVA.

They can't stop any company paying money to Hearts etc if they choose too, the company you work for could decide to pay the 'oldco' debt to Hearts if they felt like it, HMRC can't then come knocking at your door and say 'hey, what about us?'.