Did Brown really say this?

Just my opinion , but I think Bomber is playing a role and acting at the behest of others . Ally`s refusal to endorse Green&co speaks volumes , surely ? . I don`t want to say anymore but I repeat this is just my opinion and no more than that .

The way I read it he didn't refuse, he just didn't want to totally throw his weight behind someone and preach to supporters straight away after Whyte, that's what you'd expect.

Bomber is a mess, no idea what role he is trying to play.

And then who does he sell it to? Someone else trying to make money? And if they do so who do they sell to and so on?

Eventually you need an owner who is there for other reasons - even if it's just for his own ego. Why not just cut out the middle men and save our bank balances?

All I can see that what will eventually happen is at some point there will be a share issue or two where the fans pay for the value of the club and get a fraction of ownership back. Their hard earned money will just line some rich guy's pocket.

After that, rich businessmen will have to come along and find other ways of making lots of money for very little work that will be another scandal when it all comes out.

The only way I can see that you can make money from most football clubs is to bleed the fans dry - or to do dodgy deals. There is no "real" profit to be made - especially in Scotland. You only gain when someone else loses.

I'm not sure if such opportunism should be lauded.

Greens not the owner tho he would just be a shareholder selling his shares just like anybody else in the football world, the board and chairman would stay the same and they would need to find a new CEO.

he just didn't want to totally throw his weight behind someone

To me , he went as far as he possibly could without burning his boats . When was the last time you heard of a manager telling the fans not to buy a season ticket ? .

To me , he went as far as he possibly could without burning his boats . When was the last time you heard of a manager telling the fans not to buy a season ticket ? .

Ally never told fans not to buy season tickets. Did he not say that if he was a fan he would by a ST ?

How many clubs don't have a league to play in by July?

Anyway, again from what I read he didn't tell fans not to buy a season ticket, he said he couldn't encourage fans to do it with so much uncertainty, and I also believe he said he'd buy one himself.

I think you're looking for something that isn't there mate.

And then who does he sell it to? Someone else trying to make money? And if they do so who do they sell to and so on?

Eventually you need an owner who is there for other reasons - even if it's just for his own ego. Why not just cut out the middle men and save our bank balances?

All I can see that what will eventually happen is at some point there will be a share issue or two where the fans pay for the value of the club and get a fraction of ownership back. Their hard earned money will just line some rich guy's pocket.

After that, rich businessmen will have to come along and find other ways of making lots of money for very little work that will be another scandal when it all comes out.

The only way I can see that you can make money from most football clubs is to bleed the fans dry - or to do dodgy deals. There is no "real" profit to be made - especially in Scotland. You only gain when someone else loses.

I'm not sure if such opportunism should be lauded.

What's to prevent him from selling it to the fans ? Rangers Unite are trying to put together funding which would be held in escrow until such time as the funds can buy the club.

Why does it stand that it must be to someone else looking to make money ? It doesnt.

How do you cut out the middlemen and save our balances ? Sell to the fans ? Or TBK (who said they wouldnt be in it for the money) ?

See, it doesnt HAVE to be sold to profiteers - the fans are trying to amass funding to purchase the club at some future point. TBK/Kennedy/McColl etc etc have all said that they would run the club within its means but not necessarily look to profit from it - funny thing is... each of those "options" all talk about fan ownership. And, in fact, so too does Charles Green.

So I am not sure that we need to worry about the club being perpetually passed from profiteer to profiteer.

Correct me if I'm wrong Craig but has Green said he isn't taking a wage and his only payment will be his shares when his job is done?

No idea Sir. Somebody else will have to help you there :D

I do recall something about how he makes his money but am not 100% sure on what it was.

Correct me if I'm wrong Craig but has Green said he isn't taking a wage and his only payment will be his shares when his job is done?

Murray and Whyte also said this. Both took money in other ways.