Goram urges Green to sell up

Former Rangers goalkeeper Andy Goram has urged the club's chief executive Charles Green to sell up, claiming he does not have the trust of Rangers supporters.

Goram claims Green has given a figure that would persuade him to sell the club, as he continues to struggle to get the Ibrox club on track.

Scottish Premier League clubs overwhelmingly rejected Green's application for his Rangers 'newco' to join the top flight and the club's fans are refusing to buy season tickets en masse.

Green's Sevco consortium have rejected at least two bids since buying Rangers' assets for £5.5million on June 14 - the first from a consortium led by Walter Smith and the second from a group involving ex-Rangers player John Brown.

Goram has backed former team-mate Brown's attempts to assume control of the club on behalf of supporters and believes Green must sell if the figure is reached.

It is understood work will continue on plans for putting together a fans-led buyout over the weekend.

Goram told Sky Sports News: "John Brown put a bid in last week of £8.7million and it was refused point blank.

"We all know Charles Green is not in it for the long run.

"There will be an announcement next week and hopefully it will be successful with the figure that he wants. He can't backtrack on that now.

"Hopefully that will happen and get it back to the fans because John's idea is no one individual will run the club. "The fans deserve to be involved. That's his plan, bring Rangers men back to the club and really start from there.

"Charles Green really must consider his position. There is no long-term plan at all, there is no investment coming in.

"They keep coming up with figures but they have never proved it.

"John Brown tried to get his legal team in to have a look at the title deeds to make sure everything is above board.

"If that's the case, then sure, go ahead and buy your season tickets but hopefully something else will be in place before then and we can move forward in a different direction."

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/425/7870453/goram-urges-green-to-sell-up

4Min video-Andy Goram

No one individual will run the club :facepalm:

Are footballers really this thick so he's going to have 2 CEO's 2 Chairman :facepalm:

Or does he mean no one individual will own the club, well that's already happened Andy. He spoke more sense when he was on the bevvy.

They are now making up what they weanted to hear last night.

At no point did Green say to Brown, give me £x and I will sell it to you. Not even close to that.

Lets face facts here, this board and these owners are here to stay for the next couple of years minimum, before a full floatation when we are in better health and then the sell up and the club will have new owners.

What we as fans should be doing is getting together and saying, right we have 2 years to raise the dough to buy enough shares in the floatation to become the major shareholder of our club.

Instead we have an anonymous consortium being fronted by former players who are believing all they are being force-fed by as yet unknown individuals who were previously not interested in buying the club until the last few weeks post-liquidation.

If Brown really wants the fans to own the club, that should be his starting off point. As far as most fans can make out, he is blowing hot air, constantly tripping himself up with inaccurate dispersions and erroneous statements and thinking that if he shouts loud enough for long enough people will follow him because he once played for the club. Sorry, but the fitness and survival of the club are far more important to me as a fan than blindly supporting a former player who is being worked from the back and wont name any of his backers.

Another point on that, he wont name his backers as they are afraid of the backlash and hasstle they will get. Does that mean we are never going to find out who owns our club. Are there really good and true Rangers supporters out there with enough dosh to support this campaign but not enough integrity to name themselves.

His consortium will be treated with the disdain it deserves until they provide a lot more information, information I doubt will ever see the lgiht of day.

By the same token wouldn`t you like to know who is behind sevco ? . Was Sheffield utd better off for CG`s time in charge - do their fans think so ? .

From what I hear he improved them financially. The fans don't like him because he sold a couple of players and they think it cost them promotion, but their history is full of missing out on promotions etc.

Besides, if we'd sold our best players on a more regular basis under David Murray we may not have this mess today. Green just needs to get us back on a good footing, trophies aren't really a huge concern right now.

I suspect he will sell soon. they only have 3 million left. season book sales are non existent and every penny that gets spent cuts into their profit.

makes sense to sell up asap.

Your posts always make me smile. I don't imagine that's your intention but what the heck?

It's the hope and expectation which permeate every incorrect prediction you make which tickle me most.

Keep it up, please.

Your posts always make me smile. I don't imagine that's your intention but what the heck?

It's the hope and expectation which permeate every incorrect prediction you make which tickle me most.

Keep it up, please.

yours bore me sensless.