Smoking in the toilets

Got to say I'm in a small merry band of ex smokers who think smokers are treated appallingly. That said, whilst I support the rights of the smoker as much as possible, these daft actions will hurt no-one but the club. I've heard people moaning about the stewards not doing anything, but lets be honest here, who would fancy telling half a dozen folks to put them out in the lavvies at half time.

It can be very busy and I;d imagine very dangerous for an authority figure on their own to try and enforce it.

My view? the law should step in. Bit draconian, but if people cant behave with the most basic of requests, then all rights to "due process" need to be forfeited I'm afraid.

And, let me say again, I am very pro-smoking as an ex smoker!

:confused:

Why should people be allowed to affect my health because of an unnecessary habit? add to that it smells foul too.

Guest Stan Smith
:confused:

Why should people be allowed to affect my health because of an unnecessary habit? add to that it smells foul too.

I'm actually saying that despite them being treated harshly, YOU shouldnt have your health affected by their actions bud. I'm agreeing Sorry for confusion.

Guest citizen66

im an ex smoker and i feel sorry for the smokers these days. they should have smoking rooms everywhere pubs, clubs, shopping centres where ever. the only peeps health they are damaging is their own. u can get arrested for smoking but hey its ok cause ive heard u can smoke in barlinnie!!

:confused: :confused:

I have never smoked but i do think there should be smoking areas in public buildings. In saying that i think smokers have shot themselves in the foot by not giving a thought about non smokers. People throwing stubs and cigarette packets out the car window also makes me mad.

Yes, the next best debate after 9/11, - smoking in public places!.

Smokers possibly should have rooms etc to smoke but as long as it doesnt effect the non-smoker. The thing is we are not telling you not to smoke, but we are telling you's not to make us smoke!!

Last time i was at Ibrox a few weeks back i went into the toilet in the East Enclosure and was engulfed in a cloud of smoke. Law is law and the law says no smoking in a public place. The police should be fining these people.

im an ex smoker and i feel sorry for the smokers these days. they should have smoking rooms everywhere pubs, clubs, shopping centres where ever. the only peeps health they are damaging is their own. u can get arrested for smoking but hey its ok cause ive heard u can smoke in barlinnie!!

:confused: :confused:

never heard of passive smoking?!

i wouldnt want to grass up other fans for smoking (as i said at the start) but maybe there is something the club could do to provide a smoking area? even if it has to be outside the ground, it could be possible couldnt it? maybe something someone like the trust could take issue with? as surely the club could get into trouble for this problem too??

I smoke. Have stopped and started many times.

I think there should be somewhere for folk to smoke. I mean most people get there 15mins early, then the 105 mins. Thats near 2 hours by time you get out. Loads of smokers cant last that long. and technically its been frowned upon smoking at the game for years, but we all still did it.

would have to be a few areas, and large areas for that matter for thousands of folk piling into them at half time!

Guest citizen66

of course i have heard of passive smoking but if the smokers are all in a room with all the other smokers it doesnt affect me does it? i dont want to breathe in their smoke any more than u do but peeps should not be made to stand outside in the freezin cold to have a smoke - the pubs etc should supply a room.

everyone has human rights - even smokers!!

:) :)

will i start on the exhaust fumes now???

pmsl

everyone has human rights - even smokers!!

:) :)

will i start on the exhaust fumes now???

Spot on there. Being made to stand outside in the freezing cold isnt very nice. And it makes the pavement look untidy to be honest. I am not too bad cause I can go a long time without a cig cause have stopped so often but some folk cant. I feel sorry for all the old boys, the know the ones whose highlight of their day was to head down the legion for a pint and a smoke with their dog at heel. Now they cant! Their relaxing pint and chat has been ruined. Something they have done for years and years has been taken away from them. And they did fight for our freedom, now we taken theirs away!