Smoking in the toilets

Why should smokers get a room when all they'll do is drop ash and but-ends on the floor while browning the paint with their smoke? There is also the question of who has to clean it and whether that will affect their health.

If smokers were generally clean and considerate of others, maybe they would get more of a break.

Smokers kill us with their smoke, make our eyes water and smart, make us cough and feel ill, make us and our clothes smelly, burn our skin and clothes, dirty our clothes with their ash, ruin our meals with their smoke, make where-ever they go dirty, smelly and covered in ash and burns, and then they want sympathy when we try to protect people from the above?

Hmm...

Maybe they need a room but it's hard to care. There would have to be many of them which costs quite a bit of money just for the space and then you have to consider the ventilation, the cleaning and the redecoration.

There's also the point that if you can't do without a cigarette for a couple of hours then you have an addiction - that means you are not smoking for pleasure, you are ruled by your cravings. Maybe then it's time to ask yourself if it's time to get back in control of your own body. You would advise an alcoholic to go to AA so why not do something similar for yourself. It would also not only benefit your health and longevity but would save you and your family a fortune.

It's funny how people feel so staunchly that it's their right to be addicted to something that does nothing but harm...

Spot on there. Being made to stand outside in the freezing cold isnt very nice. And it makes the pavement look untidy to be honest. I am not too bad cause I can go a long time without a cig cause have stopped so often but some folk cant. I feel sorry for all the old boys, the know the ones whose highlight of their day was to head down the legion for a pint and a smoke with their dog at heel. Now they cant! Their relaxing pint and chat has been ruined. Something they have done for years and years has been taken away from them. And they did fight for our freedom, now we taken theirs away!

And given the rest of us our freedom to have a drink in a clean, fresh environment where there are no toxic chemicals to make us ill or kill us.

Yeah they fought for our freedom and then go round killing people with their smoke...

When you save someone it doesn't give you the right to harm them any time you like.

so to get back on topic, should the hundreds (maybe even thousands) of fans that do smoke at half time be fined or arrested? or is there some other solution (as i dont think whether you are a smoker or a non-smoker should affect you supporting rangers!)

Why should smokers get a room when all they'll do is drop ash and but-ends on the floor while browning the paint with their smoke? There is also the question of who has to clean it and whether that will affect their health.

If smokers were generally clean and considerate of others, maybe they would get more of a break.

Smokers kill us with their smoke, make our eyes water and smart, make us cough and feel ill, make us and our clothes smelly, burn our skin and clothes, dirty our clothes with their ash, ruin our meals with their smoke, make where-ever they go dirty, smelly and covered in ash and burns, and then they want sympathy when we try to protect people from the above?

Hmm...

Maybe they need a room but it's hard to care. There would have to be many of them which costs quite a bit of money just for the space and then you have to consider the ventilation, the cleaning and the redecoration.

There's also the point that if you can't do without a cigarette for a couple of hours then you have an addiction - that means you are not smoking for pleasure, you are ruled by your cravings. Maybe then it's time to ask yourself if it's time to get back in control of your own body. You would advise an alcoholic to go to AA so why not do something similar for yourself. It would also not only benefit your health and longevity but would save you and your family a fortune.

It's funny how people feel so staunchly that it's their right to be addicted to something that does nothing but harm...

Jesus christ. Not quite sure where to start with that. Firstly if you were here I would punch you in the face. So many insulting comments on there and you are tarring all smokers with the one brush and that is wrong. Its like saying all Rangers fans are bigots. Which of course we are not.

I make wherever I go dirty and smelly do I? I burn peoples clothes and skin? That a fact is it?

And what the hell you on about the AA for!!! You think everyone who smokes doesnt want to give up, or hasnt tried!

in fact your obviously so narrow and small minded am not even going to continue with an answer.

Hmm...

Excellent post on the topic mate. Wish I could type with a clear head about this, but smokers wind me up.

Final line somes it up for me.

:thup:

Ps Lyngers He's insulting yet you're the one that wishes to punch him in the face and called him a wank?

Jesus christ. Not quite sure where to start with that. Firstly if you were here I would punch you in the face.

Oh, what a lovely person you are... Someone stands up against the negative effects of smoking on non-smokers and your answer is violence. You make a great example for smokers everywhere.

So many insulting comments on there and you are tarring all smokers with the one brush and that is wrong. Its like saying all Rangers fans are bigots. Which of course we are not.

Not all Rangers fans are bigots but all smokers smoke. There is a difference there. It's more like saying that Rangers fans who shout *** are being offensive.

Everything I said is true. I never said all smokers were the same but everything I said has happened due to smokers. Smoke and ash ARE smelly and dirty. If you smoke you create them. Where and when and how you dispose of it is the issue and unfortunately a significant number (I would say most) have a laissez-faire attitude towards it.

Passive smoking is also proven to cause cancer and other medical problems.

I make wherever I go dirty and smelly do I?

I don't know about you but many smokers do. Even smoking designated areas are covered in fag butts and ash when there are special bins with sand in provided.

Have you seen pubs (before the ban) after closing time when there is ash and butts (and burns) all over the carpet? I've seen loads of smokers drop their lit butt and stamped it out on a pub carpet. How disrespectful is that?

You just have to step in and out of a smoking carriage on a train to see and smell how dirty and smelly it is compared to the rest.

Just have a look at the toilets on trains and again, they smell of ash and smoke, and have butts on the floor and burns all over the place.

My garden even gets cigarette butts and packets dumped in it and I hate picking them up as they make your hands smell.

I can remember not being able to sit on the grass outside a pub one summer as ever square foot had a few fag butts on it and this was a large grassy area.

So you don't think discarded ash, butts, packets are dirty? You don't think smoke and ash are smelly.

I HATE the fact that I can come home from a night out with my hair and clothes stinking of smoke - but you don't think smokers cause that? What planet are you on?

I burn peoples clothes and skin? That a fact is it? wank

I don't know whether you do or not, but smokers have done to me several times, that IS a fact. I know people who have had their couch or carpet burned too. Your personal abuse because you self personalise some facts, really show you up. What is it you are trying to achieve here? Am I really supposed to think "oh, she's got a point there..."?

Do you really think you represent smokers? Yes, you're all so much nicer than I thought...

And what the hell you on about the AA for!!! You think everyone who smokes doesnt want to give up, or hasnt tried!

A lot of smokers claim they'll never give up - they ENJOY it. Most don't care about the effect on others - or themselves.

in fact your obviously so narrow and small minded am not even going to continue with an answer.

You have no answer, all you have is self denial and verbal and physical abuse for others who don't want to put up your smoke.

And you accuse me of being narrow and small minded... brilliant! You really have humbled me with your well thought out defence of smokers...

PS there seems to be some people on here who take everything so personally. It's like some show on telly where they talk about Americans being the fattest nation on Earth and some stupid, skinny yank in the audience stands up and says, "That's not true, I'm American and I'm not fat!"

Think about it...