What are your thoughts on sanctions?

I would like to know what your thoughts are on sanctions. The Stenhousemuir Chairman has stated that the transfer embargo is still in the mix.

"The meeting was then addressed by Stewart Regan. He set out the SFA position very clearly. As the governing body they considered that the punishment forRangers Newco needed to be significant. The punishment they are proposing of relegation from the SPL, a one year transfer embargo, a significant fine and the related EUFA 3 year ban from Europe was fair and just. This did not include any subsequent punishments which may or may not be raised re the dual contracts enquiry."

It was shown to be illegal in a court of law and to continue with it is spiteful, bloody minded and provocative.

We are likely to be placed in SFL1 for the sake of the game. I can accept that and as you can see from my other posts I wish no harm on other clubs but there needs to be a compromise on the matter of sanctions. I would like to see some support from the other clubs and pressure placed on the SFA to abandon this madness to allow a line to be drawn under this.

Fan power of other clubs has had a massive bearing on our crisis during which time the Rangers fans have been powerless. We need to make our feelings known on the transfer embargo. I will never accept it.

My feeling is that the law and rules of association are different concepts - I'm sure there are those members of this forum who will correct me if I'm wrong.

By agreeing to become a member of a club or association one agrees to obey and follow the rules of that organisation. These rules have nothing to do with law but are simply an agreement between club members. They don't have to be enforceable by law and it is not illegal to break them (Simply against the rules of the club).

My feeling is that the law and rules of association are different concepts - I'm sure there are those members of this forum who will correct me if I'm wrong.

By agreeing to become a member of a club or association one agrees to obey and follow the rules of that organisation. These rules have nothing to do with law but are simply an agreement between club members. They don't have to be enforceable by law and it is not illegal to break them (Simply against the rules of the club).

What?

Just answer the question.

I think before anyone starts talking about fair and just punishment they should remind themselves of the crime.

What exactly have we been found guilty of in relation to the punishments discussed?. Bringing the game into disrepute? How many times has mad Vlad faced that charge never mind the amount of times that lot over at the tattiedome have dodged it?

Then there's the dual contracts enquiry. It's an SPL enquiry so you would imagine that it no longer applies to us. WRONG. If they find us guilty, which they no doubt will, then the SPL will either try to report the findings to the SFA/SFL in the hope that they'll sanction us or they could hit us with a deferred sanction that will apply upon our return to the SPL.

Guest calgary_bluenose
Absolutely no more sanctions should be accepted by our club.

As Ally says we have suffered way too much already.

This, 100%.