What are your thoughts on sanctions?

This essentially is a case for our QC, someone like di Stefano, and UEFA. The SFA wants to pummel us with illegal penalties and also wants that we do not go against any other sanctions, waiving our rights to appeal. Sporting integrity? That is plain simply coercion.

This essentially is a case for our QC, someone like di Stefano, and UEFA. The SFA wants to pummel us with illegal penalties and also wants that we do not go against any other sanctions, waiving our rights to appeal. Sporting integrity? That is plain simply coercion.

Di Stefano has made some really good points in our defense. No idea what his motives are. He's got a reputation as devils advocate defending the indefensible or at least claiming to do so.

He's a highly controversial character though and personally he's the last person I'd be wanting to represent the club in any official capacity.

I agree that we should be challenging the SFA on the legalities. We can't take our sporting sanctions back to the civil courts. Corporate non-sporting issues could be challenged by that avenue though.

A newco cant walk into Div1 IMO, its jumping up 2 leagues for financial gain for the rest of the top 2 divisions. Had we only went into Admin then they could justify this but a liquidated company is new and has to apply entry to the leagues. Annan Athletic play in Div 3 when they applied, why should we be different.

The transfer ban is the one the club must utterly refuse. They want to pick and choose where we play but if we 6 players in training like Ally said then we will get relegated to Div 2.

The mess the SFA / SPL have made of this is the most unprofessional and corrupt thing Ive ever seen.

A newco cant walk into Div1 IMO, its jumping up 2 leagues for financial gain for the rest of the top 2 divisions. Had we only went into Admin then they could justify this but a liquidated company is new and has to apply entry to the leagues. Annan Athletic play in Div 3 when they applied, why should we be different.

The transfer ban is the one the club must utterly refuse. They want to pick and choose where we play but if we 6 players in training like Ally said then we will get relegated to Div 2.

The mess the SFA / SPL have made of this is the most unprofessional and corrupt thing Ive ever seen.

Like I said before and you appear to agree, we're a new company, but not a new club. Our club (not company) was a founder of the Scottish Football League. We shouldn't be treated as a new club and shouldn't have to apply to be instated as such.

If the SFL decide that we've breached their insolvency rules (despite not being an SFL club at the time) and choose to relegate us to Div3 then that's completely different.

Please don't give into this propeganda we're being fed that the club is a new club

Edited by UCF2008

Earlier in this thread I mentioned the knock on effect of relegation / promotion places due to the void created in the SPL and hence the 1st division.

The way I see it, there's only two fair options on that front. Give us the 1st division slot and have no relegation from the SPL this season or enter us at 3rd division and have no relegation from any division.

It would mean that Dunfermline avoid relegation and given their stance against us in recent weeks, I wouldn't personally want to do them any favors. However creating an additional promotion spot through the leagues after the fact is wrong.

In the case of the SPL it was the company that held membership. It was the club however that was a founding member of the SFL.

Rejection of the SPL membership transfer has left a gap open in the SFL with Dundee (another club with no shortage of recent insolvent history) being proposed as the club that should take our place. If we move to the 3rd division, this means that 2nd placed teams in the 2nd and 3rd divisions would gain promotion as well. Is that fair? What do the teams that finished 3rd and 4th think about this? ...or for that matter the teams who were relegated from the 1st and 2nd divisions?

I've lost you here. The 2nd placed teams are already automatically promoted.

I've lost you here. The 2nd placed teams are already automatically promoted.

My mistake, yes. It's actually worse than I thought in terms of the number of teams that could be pissed off.

1st place teams are automatically promoted. In the SFL1 & 2 the bottom team is automatically relegated while 9th placed team goes into a playoff with 2nd 3rd and 4th placed teams from the division below.

That makes potentially about 12 teams if I'm not mistaken that could be bickering about the extra promotion & relegation spots between all 4 Scottish Divisions should we enter at Div3.

Anyone remember how they figured that one out when Livi were relegated to Div3?

Div 3 for me.

Although it is a president for the SPL, it is the general way it goes for a liquidated club. I don't want anyone saying we were given any advantage after we bounce back from this to get 10 IAR. I'd rather we had our heads held high & come out of this mess with a clean untarnished slate.

Transfer embargo.... kick us out of the cup instead.

EBT/dual contracts is a none starter. The evidence is only prima facae and there needs to be more concrete proof before you can go acting on such serious allegations.

Personally I think the idea of claiming to be a newco, Div3 & going sanction free is an option. I wouldn't care if they took away the history.

What is our history? Is it a list on some website somewhere? Or is it written in the hearts & minds of generations of supporters; not just of our club but also of the supporters of clubs we've beat. As long as WE know OUR history, then that is all that really matters, not what others think.

. I wouldn't care if they took away the history.

What is our history? Is it a list on some website somewhere? Or is it written in the hearts & minds of generations of supporters; not just of our club but also of the supporters of clubs we've beat. As long as WE know OUR history, then that is all that really matters, not what others think.

I disagree with that mate, our recorded history is part of our clubs make up, part of what makes us special.

We don't deserve to lose 140 years of history... that would be tragic.