From The Daily Record:

I don't see any calls for boycotts - just people saying be careful and make your own decision. So far the vast majority of our current 37000 season ticket holders are doing that until such a time we know what league we're playing in and under what sanctions.

That's not idiotic - simply sensible.

After that happens, then it will be up to people to decide if they trust Green enough to part with their money. Some will, some won't - that's again perfectly understandable until such time the new ownership can prove their ability to run the club effectively.

Not being funny mate but where have you been for the last few weeks, thats exactly what some people are saying.

95% of Rangers fans aren't stupid.

The crux will come when we know where we are playing.

You seem be taken up with certain bogeymen, and lay all the blame on them.

You should sit in a fair size group of Rangers fans roughly half on the forums and half not and see the differing opinion of Brown. Believe me his rants are being listened to.

As for the bogeyman bit they only bogeyman getting portrayed is Green and I think the way he's been treated is terrible. While the guy who just the week before led his Celtic pals to the front of Ibrox then this week a mystery group.

No idea. I don't back Brown and I don't think he many fans that do to be honest.

Generally I prefer to see our fans as people who are capable of making up their own minds on subjects. Every person on this forum can determine the pros and cons of the situation so no reason why anyone from elsewhere can't too.

You mentioned the RFFF meeting the other night; were you there?

Was the view of the committee and the manager that every fan should make their own mind up, or was the sentiment expressed that fans should support and show faith in the club by renewing STs?

Not being funny mate but where have you been for the last few weeks, thats exactly what some people are saying.

Nobody is saying boycotting season tickets. Just not to buy them for the moment.

I think that's fair and the manager agrees. Even the chairman seemed sympathetic to a degree.

You mentioned the RFFF meeting the other night; were you there?

Was the view of the committee and the manager that every fan should make their own mind up, or was the sentiment expressed that fans should support and show faith in the club by renewing STs?

Yes, I was there.

The message wasn't all that clear which is unfortunate. The manager couldn't endorse renewing. The club board made the point they need season book money but didn't push people to renew either. They can't when people can't even do it anyway.

RST Board Advice to Members

Friday, 22 June 2012 11:56

There are a number of major issues facing the club and the support at present, not least of which is the decision on when, if at all, to renew season tickets. Given recent revelations over the failure of season ticket money to be ring-fenced as the Chief Executive Charles Green had indicated, we feel there is no other option open to the support than to delay payment until it is clear that proper corporate banking facilities are in place and supporters cash is protected from liquidators.

I'm not aware this policy has been rescinded by the RST. It clearly states fans should delay payment so how can you say there have been no calls for boycotts?

Oops, you've just answered above.

I think Bomber Brown with his "starve Green out" has called for a boycott though, no?

Edited by 3909 04
Answered on another post

You should sit in a fair size group of Rangers fans roughly half on the forums and half not and see the differing opinion of Brown. Believe me his rants are being listened to.

As for the bogeyman bit they only bogeyman getting portrayed is Green and I think the way he's been treated is terrible. While the guy who just the week before led his Celtic pals to the front of Ibrox then this week a mystery group.

I sat in a group of around 200 bears at Ibrox the other night - many online fans, many more not probably.

I think support for Brown was minimal; though most conceded he had some valid points.

]Nobody is saying boycotting season tickets. Just not to buy them for the moment. [/b]

I think that's fair and the manager agrees. Even the chairman seemed sympathetic to a degree.

Sorry mate but that is playing with words, the RST, FF John Brown and others have clearly told fans to boycott buying st.

They will want people to buy them if JB bid to take over happens (dont laugh) but they have been very clear they want a boycott at the moment, imo thats been very clear.

RST Board Advice to Members

Friday, 22 June 2012 11:56

There are a number of major issues facing the club and the support at present, not least of which is the decision on when, if at all, to renew season tickets. Given recent revelations over the failure of season ticket money to be ring-fenced as the Chief Executive Charles Green had indicated, we feel there is no other option open to the support than to delay payment until it is clear that proper corporate banking facilities are in place and supporters cash is protected from liquidators.

I'm not aware this policy has been rescinded by the RST. It clearly states fans should delay payment so how can you say there have been no calls for boycotts?

IMO, there's a difference between vocal boycotts and advice to delay payment for understandable reasons.

It's a moot point anyway, even if people wanted to renew they can't currently as club are not accepting them.

Sorry mate but that is playing with words, the RST, FF John Brown and others have clearly told fans to boycott buying st.

They will want people to buy them if JB bid to take over happens (dont laugh) but they have been very clear they want a boycott at the moment, imo thats been very clear.

I respectfully disagree and I think people are over-stating the influence of Brown, the RST and FF.