The Third Division

What level of English league could we go in at though? If we could accepted into the Conference Premeier that may be acceptable but below that we would spend YEARS trying to climb to the top of the greasy pile - it might kill us for good. There are some big names in the Confgerence like Lincoln and Grimsby, Nothampton in League 2 were once in the top tier. The English levels are nothing like the Scottish 3rd where we should be able to do a Gretna and go up in successive seasons; that is unlikely to happen what erver level we enter the English league.

These things you mention are the reasons I don't know what to think myself and can't currently endorse the idea of leaving Scottish football alex.

We would maybe be looking at starting in the 6th tier of English football if we moved as opposed to starting in the 4th tier of Scottish football if we get punted into the 3rd division. Both routes are a major risk to our survival IMO because there's no way we'll be able to keep what's left of our squad together if we're going to be playing in the 4th tier of Scottish football or way down the league tier ladder south of the border.

I agree that we should be able to come back up from the 3rd in successive seasons, but considering that we'll have to build a new playing squad with very little money, it isn't guaranteed by any means.