Nobody likes us! We should care!

Yes but we seemed to enjoy the fact nobody liked us as in the we don't care bit. We really should probably have a good look in the mirror. We should care!

Great article by the way.

I disagree,why have we got to look in the mirror?,what is it we need to see?. I really don't care what other fans think of the Rangers fans. I have been called orange cunt,Hun etc:,neither of which is true,just for being a Rangers fan. I would suggest the fans of all other teams need to look in the mirror and ask themselves honestly why they hate Rangers.

We are hated because we are most successful team in the country, the same way Man U are hated in England. Before this mess I may have been able to see the point of the article but not now. They can all go and get stuffed I hope their wee diddy clubs fold before we get back.

We are hated because we are most successful team in the country, the same way Man U are hated in England. Before this mess I may have been able to see the point of the article but not now. They can all go and get stuffed I hope their wee diddy clubs fold before we get back.

You forgot to mention bigoted sectarian reasons

I agree that a lot of it is down to our success on the pitch and I'd be hoping to continue that for a long time to come. That explains a dislike of the team and a hope that the team will be poorer among other clubs. What has really surprised me has been the lack of empathy for the supporters, from pretty much everyone. Why should Hibs fans not feel empathy for us, they went through similar not that long ago, or indeed Hearts fans who are looking into a similar abyss themselves? Discounting the nutters in their support for a moment, why don't the more rational Hibs/Hearts fans feel a kinship with the more rational Rangers fan?

It can't be just our on field success that's turned us into pariahs, there must be more to it. In my opinion it is worth our while trying to figure that out and working out what we do about it. Our total lack of friends has cost us very dearly this year.

I agree that a lot of it is down to our success on the pitch and I'd be hoping to continue that for a long time to come. That explains a dislike of the team and a hope that the team will be poorer among other clubs. What has really surprised me has been the lack of empathy for the supporters, from pretty much everyone. Why should Hibs fans not feel empathy for us, they went through similar not that long ago, or indeed Hearts fans who are looking into a similar abyss themselves? Discounting the nutters in their support for a moment, why don't the more rational Hibs/Hearts fans feel a kinship with the more rational Rangers fan?

It can't be just our on field success that's turned us into pariahs, there must be more to it. In my opinion it is worth our while trying to figure that out and working out what we do about it. Our total lack of friends has cost us very dearly this year.

With that success comes arrogance mate and I won't deny we are a pretty Arrogant bunch.

I think it was a great article - very well written and has been received positively by a range of people.

Generally, I don't think we have a lot to apologise about (if anything at all) but the way we react to this issue will determine our future. We clearly have few friends in Scottish football and that is worth discussing given we may be about to start again at the very bottom of the SFL.

With that success comes arrogance mate and I won't deny we are a pretty Arrogant bunch.

And with arrogance comes dislike.

I don't know about anyone else though, but throughout my life, most neutrals I've encountered disliked Celtc more than us. Even the sheepies.

But the 'Loyal' aspect of being a Rangers fan doesn't fit in well with the modern offended Scotland.

Guest Corkie
And with arrogance comes dislike.

I don't know about anyone else though, but throughout my life, most neutrals I've encountered disliked Celtc more than us. Even the sheepies.

But the 'Loyal' aspect of being a Rangers fan doesn't fit in well with the modern offended Scotland.

Agree that with arrogance comes dislike

Not sure about Celtic being more disliked, especially by the sheep, but I think had it been them rather than us then all the diddies would take just as much pleasure in voting no to them. As someone else said, had it been Man U in the epl, or Real Madrid or Barcelona in La Liga the others would take great delight in clipping their wings.