Giovanni Di Stefano - To buy Rangers FC PLC?

If nothing more, it makes a nice change to speculate about positive outcomes for our club.

There is nothing positive about this cretin having any involvement in our club. Not only is he good at destroying football clubs, but he actually represents murderers and war criminals in court (despite not having the qualifications)

Guest aja007
Green holds the assets, Di Stefano's Rangers wouldn't be the real Rangers football club, unless he bought the assets back from Green .

What Di Stefano would have is a NEW CLUB playing in England using our name.

No it would be the oldco therefore the original Rangers Football Club plc.

There is nothing positive about this cretin having any involvement in our club. Not only is he good at destroying football clubs, but he actually represents murderers and war criminals in court (despite not having the qualifications)

Despite what a number of fans seem to think, there's nothing positive about Rangers in Div3 either.

That would be the company founded in 1899, the corporate entity behind the football club. That has changed by now and that corporate entity right now has no football club, unless it buys it from the current owners.

Yes, and that company is insolvent with debts of 55m and no longer holds any assets of Rangers football club.

He would need to pay of all debts then buy the club assets back from Sevco, or start a new club using our old plc as the holding company name.

Know he's a nutter, but a brainy one at that also. Says he's doing it for us for our support of him.

It just is not right. Rangers backed me when the SFA didn't like me at Dundee and I don't abandon those that helped me in times of need

Edited by North Rd

I'm fascinated by this I must admitt.

Me too. I don't think it's going anywhere, mainly because I can't see D&P playing ball, but also due to the fact that I have my doubts over Di Stefano's sincerity not to mention ability to pull it off.

If there's anything to it you would have to wonder why those who've already shown an interest in purchasing the newco haven't considered this course of action. Then again the short-sightedness shown by those parties has continually beggared belief throughout this saga, so you never know.