Charles Green: Hoping to work with UEFA on Rangers debts

At what point do our fan groups, and fan base, accept that Charles Green seems to be saying the right thing?

Much of what I hear from CG these days is actually the type of stuff I am willing to stand behind.....

I still don't get how we're supposed to pay footballing debts while other clubs pick up our players for free. Where is the justice in that? I realise about employment law but that is still a facile argument as football compensation breaks employment law so why are we liable?

Footballers are a special case and while I agree they should not be forced to move to the newco, it seems to me that their registrations should at least lapse to the SFA and UEFA and when they move there should be a tribunal that sets a reasonable fee for the transfer. That money can then be used to pay off footballing debts.

We seem to be continual victims of a lack of sporting and financial integrity.

There is also the weird bit where there is an outcry about our debts so what do they do to us to help us pay them - relegate us three divisions, fine us, remove our TV and sponsorship deals and handicap us in terms of competing...

Just where is the logic?

It is what it is, and the sooner we realize, and accept that, the better - because we cant change I no matter wether we want to or not.

UEFA & FIFA don't hold their registrations, they aren't their employer so how can their contract "lapse" to someone they have no employment connection with

Generally on Whyte related matters he's been spot on (though not quite 100% of the time).

What is the relevance to Whyte even If he IS spot on ? It tells us next to nothing.

It is what it is, and the sooner we realize, and accept that, the better - because we cant change I no matter wether we want to or not.

Craig, there's not much we can change, BUT we CAN change the made up perception that what is happening to us is any form of justice. If we accept miscarriages of justice in the name of an integrity that just doesn't exist then we are doomed to be gleefully punished ad infinitum and made-up propaganda will become thought of as fact. We should point out the hypocrisy and double standards at every opportunity.

UEFA & FIFA don't hold their registrations, they aren't their employer so how can their contract "lapse" to someone they have no employment connection with

You're seriously going to treat football as the same as all other employee situations?

Sorry but this is not normal employment. Otherwise, how can an employer demand millions of pounds in compensation for an employee to change jobs? How can they charge compensation for young employees that don't even have a current contract with them? How can an association prevent a company from hiring employees? How can they force a company to only employ people of a certain age which is surely against employment age discrimination laws? How can a company owe another company money for a person's contract when that person has never had a contract with the first company or even worked for them? How can an association stop a person from using TUPE to work for another company?

As you can see (and without doubt already know), Football is a special case and why does that special case apply to Rangers when it is detrimental despite being illogical - and then not apply when it would not only benefit the club but actually balance the whole industry?

I'm sorry, but I think I made a pretty reasonable point, and you are just deliberately missing it and sounding to me like some financial guy who's never heard of football and its idiosyncrasies.

In short, there is a transfer system with compensation in football that would probably be illegal elsewhere - if we're going to have it why shouldn't that also apply to TUPE?

If financial laws apply to football then why should Rangers be force to paying the debts of the oldco?

There is obviously a double standard - why don't we somehow find a way to make it more consistent?

At what point do our fan groups, and fan base, accept that Charles Green seems to be saying the right thing?

Much of what I hear from CG these days is actually the type of stuff I am willing to stand behind.....

he's definitely saying the right things.

Guest Dutchy

Compared to Whyte, Green is a ray of sunshine. If what he's doing is for Rangers benefit, then great, but if Whyte is involved in all of this, it becomes increasingly difficult to support the team.

I stopped my season ticket when all these businessmen and over paid players came into the game and only attended a few games, every now and again. I doubt I'd be wiling even to go to the pub and watch them if Whyte is still about.

Compared to Whyte, Green is a ray of sunshine. If what he's doing is for Rangers benefit, then great, but if Whyte is involved in all of this, it becomes increasingly difficult to support the team.

I stopped my season ticket when all these businessmen and over paid players came into the game and only attended a few games, every now and again. I doubt I'd be wiling even to go to the pub and watch them if Whyte is still about.

Whyte is gone, don't let the scaremongering get to you.

Guest Dutchy
Whyte is gone, don't let the scaremongering get to you.

Well here's hoping. I was actually getting into the mood again to see the Rangers shooting up the leagues.

It would be the ultimate body blow to me if he was lurking about in the shadows.

I'd say Green is doing the right things, but I'm not sure why he can't show his critics the title deeds and be done with it.

Whyte said the right things did he not?

Talk is cheap, if Green is willing to countenance the stripping of our trophies then he can rot in hell as far as I'm concerned.