Just accept the transfer embargo and let's get on with it FFS!

Its not just about the transfer embargo , zappa , its the accepting the consequences as they see fit and handing out punishments without the ability to defend ourselves

No never cave-in to these pricks you give an inch they take a mile.

If they were to offer a suspended sentence tho, then I might listen to them.

What would be the point of accepting the embargo if it's suspended? We'd probably be in greater need of the transfer market by the time it comes back and hits us!

For it probably needs repeating: our club is victim, not culprit.

I believe that to be true but that will never be something that is giving any credibility in this country, the Timmy propaganda machine will just keep pumping out the same shite over and over, 20 years from now they will still be calling us cheats ect.

Interesting OP, I had thought long and hard about that previously and can't make up my mind. Yes I want to put it all behind us, accept the ban and move on, but dB makes some valid points. Accepting the ban could lead to further attacks on us by the corrupt SFA, maybe we should fight our corner and let them know we will not be shafted.

It's a tough call for Mr Green to make.

What would be the point of accepting the embargo if it's suspended? We'd probably be in greater need of the transfer market by the time it comes back and hits us!

Suspension the same a criminal charge is suspended, if you keep your nose clean for X amount of years the sanction is lifted that way both parties save face.

Its not just about the transfer embargo , zappa , its the accepting the consequences as they see fit and handing out punishments without the ability to defend ourselves

I know mate. It's only the transfer embargo that I'm advocating we accept. It's a decent bargaining chip to get them to drop the other crazy demands and it's something we can cope with in the 3rd division.

Suspension the same a criminal charge is suspended, if you keep your nose clean for X amount of years the sanction is lifted that way both parties save face.

Ok, got you now Allan.

It was deemed illegal for the SFA to impose a transfer embargo for charges of disrepute as that wasn't one of the punishments listed in their own guidelines - I don't know what their rulebook says about transfering an SFA share and what conditions they can attach to it. It's extremely under-handed of them to try to re-impose the same punishment for a different reason, but it may not be illegal this time.

You might have thought that going to Div3 was punishment enough (Juventus only dropped 1 division in Italy for actual criminal activity) but I don't think they're going to let up. I fear they'll be looking at the dual-contract situation right now, with the intention of finding another excuse to heap it on.

Sorry Zappa,but it's a no for me as well,although I understand what you're saying and I also just wish to get back to football,but this has been proved an illegal sanction and I think we have suffered enough,if this embargo was already in the rules then we would have no option.We all just want to get back to playing football,however these chunts are just trying to kill us. Having said all that,CG will be the one to decide whether we accept this or not,he has a tough decision to make for the Rangers to move forward.

I agree dB, but this can't continue to be dragged out because we need to bring in players and play a couple of games before our season starts.

IMO, Green should try to broker a deal with the SFA whereby we accept the embargo and £160k fine they hit us with, but draw a line under it at that once and for all. Tell them we won't accept any further SFA or SPL punishments for the actions of the previous owners, but will take their unfair transfer embargo for the sake of puting an end to this madness and getting back to business.

Zappa, what about accepting all future punishments that may come to light? That is what we are also being asked to do. Not only have they kicked us but we will be lying down to make it easier for them in the future.