So now that every team has had a game....

6-0 and in the 2nd half they weren't even trying - admittedly against 10 men but they looked like they could score whenever they felt like it - and to be able to bring someone like Messi on (and Tevez who is also much wanted.... ohhh and Cambiasso who looked very assured too) this is a VERY strong team.

I fancied Argentina pre-tournament but after that performance I wish I had bet on them and not Brazil !

Nope, not really - Spain played a Ukrane team that didn't look at the races - if Spain continue in this form, then I might change my mind.

The Ukraine were the first European team to qualify in a far from easy qualification group. They are a very good side and have arguably the world's best striker in Sheva. To utterly dominate a team like Ukraine and make them look ordinary is no mean feat.

Most teams I've watched have looked good in parts, but no team has put on a complete 90 minutes,

Spain and the Czechs most certainly did.

or looked good over the course of two games.

To win the WC you have to play well consistantly and no team has done this so far IMO.

Cammy F

As has emerged, Argentina are looking this way. But obviously we can't just dismiss Spain and the Czechs. See how they both perform in their next games.

6-0 and in the 2nd half they weren't even trying - admittedly against 10 men but they looked like they could score whenever they felt like it - and to be able to bring someone like Messi on (and Tevez who is also much wanted.... ohhh and Cambiasso who looked very assured too) this is a VERY strong team.

I fancied Argentina pre-tournament but after that performance I wish I had bet on them and not Brazil !

You do make a good point - the Serbs had already been well beaten at 3-0 down then they lost Kezman (Who in fairness hadn't played especially well though) so quite right, we can't forget the Argies had a man advantage.

argentina haven`t been fully tested yet. they`ve yet to play a top european team.

i wouldn`t jump the gun with them.

neither have england but they have struggled were argentina beat the ivorians and pissed on the serbs, what have england done ? struggled against Paraguay and T & T !

come back when u have a valid point Mr Colsh

argentina haven`t been fully tested yet. they`ve yet to play a top european team.

i wouldn`t jump the gun with them.

You are right Colshy - but at the same time much of England are jumping the gun with their team (and I wouldn't mind England winning it actually) - and they have played weaker opposition than Argentina have.

Ivory Coast have better, stronger players in their team than T&T do and the same can certainly be said for Serbia - and I would say Argentina have far outshone England thus far.

Defensively England looked shaky yesterday against a team that had 1 man up front and even he isn't that great (yes, Argentina haven't faced a Rooney yet either) - but will be interesting when it comes down to it to see if England can stem the attacking threat of Crespo, Riquelme, Tevez, Messi et al.

I say again though, you are right that Argentina haven't been tested yet but they have had as much a test as England have (probably more) - so if I chose from those 2 teams on who to "jump the gun" on it certainly wouldn't be England !

neither have england but they have struggled were argentina beat the ivorians and pissed on the serbs, what have england done ? struggled against Paraguay and T & T !

come back when u have a valid point Mr Colsh

argentina scraped over the line plkaying ivory coast and only played 45 mins well.

serbia are a good side but are totally demoralised with suspensions and injurys. then to go to ten men was just asking to be a self destruct for them.

but again, not every team would`ve put 6 past em.

i`ve never denied england have played pish this tourne geo;)