So now that every team has had a game....

Yesterday was the best day of the WC so far. Argentina was outstanding to watch and the Holland v IC match was very enjoyable. I didnt stay up for the Meckeeko v Angola match, but 2 great games out of 3 is good.

Argentina were pretty impressive in there first game but yesterday produced one of the best WC displays ever against a more than decent side.

Brazil, france and England are the big boys that havent got out of the starting blocks yet. Brazil will come good, no doubt about that, but England need a manager with a back bone for them to have a chance. Lennon and Rooney must start for them to click and be dangerous. As for France they could struggle but i wouldnt bet against them.

A lot more will be unfolded over next 2 days as the 2 group games are completed then in the 2nd round it really starts.

hmmmmmmmm

well thats the czechs gone down in my estimations, also the italians, usa made quite a mockery of the italian defence before the ref made a mockery of the game.

leaves spain and argentina that have impressedl. spain still got to play agian though!

hmmmmmmmm

well thats the czechs gone down in my estimations,

Their defence was badly exposed today. Their attack is usually the strongest part of their game but the utterly diabolical Lokvenc is no replacement for either Baros or Koller. I think the loss of those 2 up front might just ruin the Czechs' chances. Plus, as I say their defence can't handle a sprightly attack like Ghana.

But their biggest failing on the day was their total inability to recover from an early setback. It knocked them for six and they seemed to have no plan b.

also the italians, usa made quite a mockery of the italian defence

Can't really agree with this. How many saves did Buffon have to make compared with Keller? USA got forward well but didn't really penetrate.

before the ref made a mockery of the game.

The ref didn't make a single decision I disagreed with. I thought he had a very good game and got the calls correct.

leaves spain and argentina that have impressedl. spain still got to play agian though!

Yes, Spain's next game will really show if they're a team to contend with or if the Ukraine match was a fluke result.

did u miss all the openings the states made in the first 15-20mins ? ok they didnt hit the target but their passing in and around the box was too good for the italians!

as for the ref well..............

Danny,

Decent synopsis but I have to disagree with you on the refs decisions.

The Mastroeni sending off was a disgrace - no way was that more than a booking. No way on this earth.

De Rossi should be banned for the rest of the tourney, and beyond - he made a mess of McBride's face and could have cost him an eye - disgraceful !

Never saw Reyna's - deserved a yellow ?

If we're talking about the straight red, then I don't see how we can dispute the validity of it. He went in late, recklessly, and caught the Italian player's ankle fiercely. It was a lunging challenge and going by the guidelines refs follow for this WC, it was a red in my book.

it was indeed a red card offence if we`re going by the way the refs have been told to eradicate the lunging tackle in this compettion.

i didn`t think it merite a straight red at first, but when examining it slowly it did appear rather brutal.

i worry for italy. they blow hot and cold and just never seem to be able to do what is required to beat teams.

Agreed that its Argentina and Spain the only 2 now to be impressive and we will see how well Spain do in there next game.

It will be interesting to see if Brazil can spark into life tonight against the Aussies. Personally i hope they do and put on a show coz im watching the game in my local which is an aussie bar and i could be done with a bit of banter

Agreed that its Argentina and Spain the only 2 now to be impressive and we will see how well Spain do in there next game.

It will be interesting to see if Brazil can spark into life tonight against the Aussies. Personally i hope they do and put on a show coz im watching the game in my local which is an aussie bar and i could be done with a bit of banter

.......or your hoping to score with a drunk aussie chick to caught up in the atmosphere to realie what she's doing ;):D