time to call regans bluff

i read with interest when Peterhead announced record season book sales and the high media interest in the first league game of the season. The excitement in the Peterhead chairman's statement spoke volumes. An excitement that will ring through the whole of the SFL over the coming seasons. An unbelievable stroke of luck for all having Glasgow rangers football Club in their domain in the SFL for the next three seasons.

When the SPL made the decision to expel Rangers in the name of Sporting Integrity they could never have imagined the damage that they would be inflicting on themselves. Systematically handing the balance of power to the lower leagues via a decision that can only be described as turkeys voting for Christmas. Their agenda was laid down bare to all. Everyone was told what part they were to do with military precision, orders being orchestrated by the top dog himself Mr Stewart Regan and his cronies at the SFA. The infamous leaked email told the way that events must unfold.

But in their haste to punish the crimes of those no longer present at Rangers a massive miscalculation was made. The SFA hierarchy and the SPL made the assumption that every one else felt the same way about Rangers the way they did. Blinded by hate, spite and stupidity they plotted and schemed to find a solution that would satisfy their desire to see our club crippled beyond repair whilst maintaining an income from our TV revenue whilst we languish in the first division. More punishment was to follow with a transfer embargo although illegal and not in the SFA rule book.

The SFL read the script and very quickly to their credit seen it for its worth. for all the hype in the name of "sporting integrity" and briefings from Regan they challenged his plan from the offset and correctly challenged his very own integrity with some calling for a vote of no confidence in the man who was put in a position of trust in our game.

But it was decided that now was not the time for such decisions. As a Rangers fan it angered me as i seen it as an opportunity lost to oust our nemesis whose sole purpose was to wipe our club off the face of the earth.

hindsight is indeed a wonderful thing though and events are starting to flow in our favour. regan has very stupidly laid all his cards on the table and left all his chips in the pot and must now know that the SFL hold all the aces. He holds Rangers future in his hands demanding infallibility over any future punishments that may come our way but he has underestimated the power that the SFL hold over him.

And that will be his downfall. The SFL will demand Rangers registration be delivered. and if he fails to do so he will find himself quickly removed from office by democratic vote. And the scenario that will unfold for the SPL clubs will spell disaster for its members.

There is a real possibility that the SPL will see half its members forced into administration and a real possibility that the league could collapse altogether. This would in fact make the task of stripping us of titles a non event. A very pleasing thought indeed.

and with no league to play in, those which are left would have to apply for membership to the SFL, starting at the 3rd division of course! another very pleasing thought!

The SFL have played a blinder. Regans plans have come off the rails and must now know that his time is up.

Charles Green must now call Regans bluff. By doing so he will bury those who have conspired against us and will gain the respect of the majority of our support.

and let us get on with what we do best, supporting our team!

Has anyone else heard rumour SKY are quitting SPL altogether ? how many SPL clubs would that mean going into administration !!!!! and have the SPL considered the scenario where SPL clubs won't be able to complete their fixtures ?

Its time Green told Rhegan to go take a fuck to himself, 2 years he's been involved in Scottish football but seems to think it's fair game to blackmail, strip titles and attempt to kill a 140 year old institution.

Would any other country or FA in the world allow someone to come in and create this carnage ? I very much doubt it .

Make yourself a legend Mr Green and tell that bigoted bastard where to go.

Tell him to accept our membership with no further sanctions.

Tell him if his mate Doncaster strips titles we will refuse to ever play in the SPL again.....

Edited by TheWeeBlueDevil

Guest thebear0806

SFL the first Scottish football committee who have behaved with dignity for years . I in the past used to be under the false impression that we don't need the chairmen of clubs like Alloa , Elgin,Cowdenbeath but thank god they are there would rather they held the reigns of power rather than the corrupt members of the so called superior committees of the SPL and SFA , again I am sorry to the "diddy" clubs .

Green will do what is right. He will be legally advised. As I mentioned before he seems calm and does everything through the proper channels because he isnt acting with tinted specs on. Sometimes that can take time and people jump on a bandwagon that he isnt acting on the best of their side - i.e. we only need to look at Whittaker and Naismith....Mr Green didnt knock on their doors and gave them an explanation so they they took off.

He has came in from the outside into a goldfish bowl of hatred at all sides and will act in the best interests of his investment.

Im not so sure Regan should leave so soon, perhaps he should stick around and clean up the 'soon to be SPL mess' that he created!!

Guest Dutchy

I think we should get legal advice now, and make sure we make a lot of noise about it. then, maybe the media will do some investigating. Or are they all shit scared of 'offending' someone, or some group?