Now They Want Our Media Rights

Why do we need SPL approval?

The SPL have refused to transfer our share, so I assume that share is now null and void. The SFA are looking to impose sanctions before the license is transferred, but why do the SPL have any say now?

Is it not the case that SKY have told SPL that unless they can get Rangers media rights(to show Rangers games) then there's no SKY deal for SPL next season ? SFL won't give the SPL Rangers media rights. also SPL pay SFL £2M per season. Without SKY deal(and who knows what value it will be) SPL can't pay this money. Could SPL therefore be insolvent ? All in all a shambles !

Regan & Doncaster created this mess along with the SPL chairmen who voted us out the SPL. Resign at once both of you.

i have nothing against sharing any money with the sfl but as for the rest of the parasites in the spl they can take a run a jump .

Like all the other big clubs in Europe, us (and THEM) should be dominating the media shares in this country. The rest of them can get to fuck.

Part of the reason why the old firm are so dire in Europe is because unlike other big clubs in shite leagues, we get fuck all money.

Edited by Daniel Amokachi

It will be interesting to see what the SFL clubs do about this. They actually hold the power here with a vote of no confidence if they choose to use it. If the SPL refuse to drop stripping titles then we should refuse to deal. It is time to fight dirty, after all they've all been at it.

I cannot understand how the SPL can refuse to transfer our membership in the first place.

Is it not the case that SKY have told SPL that unless they can get Rangers media rights(to show Rangers games) then there's no SKY deal for SPL next season ? SFL won't give the SPL Rangers media rights. also SPL pay SFL £2M per season. Without SKY deal(and who knows what value it will be) SPL can't pay this money. Could SPL therefore be insolvent ? All in all a shambles !

Regan & Doncaster created this mess along with the SPL chairmen who voted us out the SPL. Resign at once both of you.

This is also how I'm reading it, in between the lines.

I think the titles are a red herring and the real reason is the wonga. The SFA hold one ace - and that's the registration - but I think it's the SPL who are panicking and playing hardball Do they both really dare destroy everything, because that's what will happen if they don't allow our registration.

But maybe the SPL don't see an alternative because they're looking into the abyss.

The amount of spin throughout this whole charade has been a disgrace. In my book, there are many who should be called to account.

There was never any need for us to go into administration. There was never any need for any of the subsequent events.

Everything could have been controlled rationally.

But, unfortunately, it's been a shambles driven by self interest and greed - and not from our side may I add.

The lies, deceit and subterfuge has been despicable.

I don't see any winners out of this.

It will all come out some day

Chris McLaughlin ‏@BBCchrismclaug

The #SPL are due to pay #SFL their annual £2m settlement fee but say they can't pay unless tv deal is signed. More soon #BBCSport online.

House of cards?

If the SPL are late in making payments to the SFL, and perhaps are behind in their PAYE contributions, have they brought the game into disrepute?

What sort of punishment might be expected?

This is getting more and more like Darts. We should stand firm and tell the SPL to piss off and just play in SFL only. SFL will become like PDC of football. It has more clubs and it has The Rangers.