Official: Kennedy bids £5.6m for 51% of the club

you have a fair point. perhaps said organ contacted him and he decided to get his spin on it out there.

Possibly - all the fun of the fair.

...And the ride is about to get even bumpier.

Guest Dutchy

So..... What's happening again?

Oh yeah, we've got queue's of rich guys lining up to be kicked shitless from the SPL/SFA.

I've always wanted to write a novel, what a thriller this would be!

The plot would be tedious, repetitive and in the end sound incredulous and contrived. It would be about as believable as Duval's A Shot at Glory.

It would lack light relief or build up and release of tension and just fill the audience with frustration and then let down by no up beat ending.

It's a weird old story with plenty of twists and turns and full of villains, but it's really not a compelling one.

Guest Dutchy

It was meant to be sarcastic, but as I didn't even mamage to convey that, it just proves what a shit writer I'd be.

There has to be at least one dead body in any decent thriller for me, hpefully it will be the rottening husk of the SPL.

Charles Green, Chief Executive of The Rangers Football Club said, "For the avoidance of doubt, the owners and board of the Club are not interested in selling a majority stake in Rangers to anyone.

"I have said many times we are happy to talk to potential investors who wish to join the consortium on the basis that no single investor will have a majority shareholding and they support our commitment to a share issue for fans.

"We have checked with all the official representatives of shareholders and none of them have had meetings with Brian Kennedy so we have no idea who the gentleman is he is referring to.

"He has not contacted any board members on this matter and we have never received any written offer from him.

"Many people had the opportunity to purchase the Club prior to our consortium but failed to do so, including Mr Kennedy. Talk of yet more bids is a distraction from the very real task of securing SFA membership and rebuilding the Club for the future.

"That is our sole focus and should be the priority for everyone with Rangers best interests at heart."

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/football-news/article/2858135

Edited by ian1964

Looking at it objectively, Green has always been the one saying the right things. His statements are articulate and well worded, and show none of the hysteria that Brown, Kennedy, et al seem desperate to generate.

The only concern is that Whyte had that same calmness until the shit hit the fan.