I don't get Leggo's arithmetic.

If you get 10% for 1m then the club is worth a total of £10m. Seems fair enough.

Now add in £5.6m and the club should now be worth £15.6m. With me?

That means £5.6m is worth just under £38%....

For just 50% you'll obviously need £10m.

For 51% you'd actually need about 10.41m.

Kennedy is over £4.8m short for that extra 13%.

why can't we take credit card payments. the corner shop next to me takes them.

There is less of a risk for a credit card company if you are selling something tangible.

You go into your corner shop and buy a bottle of wine and walk out with. The transaction is complete and there is little risk of the credit card company receiving a complaint.

You walk into a travel agent, for example, and buy a holiday that you are going to take in 6 months time then there is massive risk for the credit card company. The tour operator goes under and the credit card company has to refund the amount paid to the client.

Rangers are looked upon similarly to the tour operator whereby they are not fulfilling the services that they are providing for another 9 months and therefore there is a big risk to the credit card companies and they will require guarantees, and even then may not be happy with the risk.

An example I think I've given before was where I was willing to put a cash deposit to cover 100% of my turnover and the credit card company were still unhappy. It's just the nature of the beast these days.

I don't get Leggo's arithmetic.

If you get 10% for 1m then the club is worth a total of £10m. Seems fair enough.

Now add in £5.6m and the club should now be worth £15.6m. With me?

That means £5.6m is worth just under £38%....

For just 50% you'll obviously need £10m.

For 51% you'd actually need about 10.41m.

Kennedy is over £4.8m short for that extra 13%.

The offer was made June 27 you would need to know the value at that date which was certainly less than £10m as Mather's investment was made later than that date to know the true value of Kennedy's proposed investment.

There is less of a risk for a credit card company if you are selling something tangible.

You go into your corner shop and buy a bottle of wine and walk out with. The transaction is complete and there is little risk of the credit card company receiving a complaint.

You walk into a travel agent, for example, and buy a holiday that you are going to take in 6 months time then there is massive risk for the credit card company. The tour operator goes under and the credit card company has to refund the amount paid to the client.

Rangers are looked upon similarly to the tour operator whereby they are not fulfilling the services that they are providing for another 9 months and therefore there is a big risk to the credit card companies and they will require guarantees, and even then may not be happy with the risk.

An example I think I've given before was where I was willing to put a cash deposit to cover 100% of my turnover and the credit card company were still unhappy. It's just the nature of the beast these days.

yeah but you can buy holidays with a credit card.

but I see what you mean thanks for the info.

The offer was made June 27 you would need to know the value at that date which was certainly less than £10m as Mather's investment was made later than that date to know the true value of Kennedy's proposed investment.

Fair enough. I only skimmed Leggo's post as he puts far too much propaganda stuff in them these days.

IT is hard to understand why Charles Green has been so dismissive of Brian Kennedy and his offer to buy into Rangers.

After all, Charles Green has made it clear he is willing to accept investors and claimed he had lured another one last week when he announced football agent Craig Mather had paid £1M for a 10 per cent stake.

And we all know that while Charles Green is clearly awash with lies and bullshit, one thing he is not awash with is cash.

Making it hard to fathom why, if he was so keen to get his grubby paws on Craig Mather’s £1M for a ten cent holding, he has been so disdainful of Brian Kennedy’s £5.6M money-up-front bid for 51per cent of Rangers

Charles Green’s attitude must be puzzling for Rangers supporters. They do not trust Charles Green and once again he is acting in a manner which confirms their lack of trust as good, sound, sane and sensible judgment.

But here’s a thing.

Charles Green does not have a stake in Rangers. He does not own ten per cent of Sevco. His role is as chief executive officer. Charles Green is merely the hired hand.

Therefore, for all of his bluster, for all of his posturing, for all of his bullshit, for all of the lies which trip off his tongue, Charles Green is not calling the shots as far as Brian Kennedy’s bid is concerned.

Not legally!

That is a matter for, among others, the two men on the Sevco board of directors who represent the interests of the main investors, the faceless men who cower behind the shield of their Blue Pitch Holdings bolt hole.

Those two directors are Imram Ahmad and Brian Stockbridge from the Manchester based investment bank, Zeus Capital.

And it was to Zeus Capital that Brian Kennedy sent his formal offer. It was to Zeus Capital that Brian Kennedy sent the details of his bid document. That makes everything nice and legal.

For it is Zeus Capital, in the shape of the two of its big guns who sit on the Sevco Board, Imram Ahmad and Brian Stockbridge, who now have a legal duty to perform. One they must be seen to fulfill.

That legal duty is to circulate Brian Kennedy’s offer document to the faceless men who hide behind the Blue Pitch Holdings collective, plus new investor, Craig Mather and all the others who Charles Green claims have invested in Sevco.

It is these people, whether anonymous or not, who must make up their minds whether or not they wish to allow another investor to join them.

To join them by taking the controlling interest which would allow Brian Kennedy to take the lead in sorting out the mess Charles Green has created and to take the lead in protecting whatever investment Blue Pitch Holdings and the others have made.

Right now, with a 23 per cent stake, Blue Pitch Holdings hold the whip hand. That percentage allows them to dictate the make up of the Rangers Board.

So what Blue Pitch Holdings have to decide is whether they are willing to give up that right to a more substantial figure, to a much bigger investor, in order to protect their investment, or whether having that complete control of the Rangers Board is so important to their plans, they are willing to lose their investment to retain their control.

Which begs the question about what those plans could be if Blue Pitch Holdings would be willing to make a £2.3M sacrifice to bring those plans to fruition?

It’s a safe bet if they are willing to write off £2.3M, the Blue Pitch Holdings’ plans for Rangers will not be good news for Rangers supporters.

But there are other investors, individuals, the latest being Craig Mather, who have also to be consulted as to what view they take about Brian Kennedy’s £5.6M offer to dig them out of a hole.

Investors who may not trust Imram Ahmad and Brian Stockbridge to offer advice which would be to their benefit. After all, the Zeus Capital two are only there to do the Blue Pitch Holdings’ dirty work.

Which is where Malcolm Murray must come in. For he was appointed as chairman to, in his own words, ensure there was good, legal and clearly seen corporate governance.

Therefore it is both the moral and legal duty of chairman Malcolm Murray to demand that Imram Ahmad and Brian Stockbridge from Zeus Capital give him copies of Brian Kennedy’s £5.6M offer document in order that he circulate it to all the other Sevco investors.

Then, and only then, will the matter of Brian Kennedy’s £5.6M offer for 51per cent of Sevco, be able to be legally decided.

For it is too important a matter for those investors to leave to hired hand Charles Green and Blue Pitch Holdings stooges Imram Ahmad and Brian Stockbridge.

Guest carter001

Surely lawell himself cannot get this pushed through? I thought any SPL decision had to be 11-1 to go through. That must mean someone other than the mhob are pushing for this?

PETER LAWWELL HIGHJACKS NEIL DONCASTER

DESPERATE men are driven to do desperate things. And Peter Lawwell is a desperate man.

Which is why, in desperation, he was willing to take the chance of it becoming public that he had highjacked the television talks between the Scottish Premier League and Sky Sports.

And sure enough it did leak and become a major story in the Daily Record.

But what was surprising was that other newspapers and other reporters did not pounce on the obvious newsworthy nature of this explosive story and quiz Peter Lawwell on just what he was doing gate crashing the talks.

Or are they all too cowed and too terrified of Celtic chief executive Peter Lawwell to do their jobs properly?

Apart from the ones who have nothing to fear from Peter Lawwell, as they are firmly and deeply lodged in the Celtic’s supremo’s back pocket, only being allowed out to do their master’s bidding when it pleases him.

They know who they are. I know who they are. In fact, everyone knows who they are.

Shame on them!

And shame on Scottish Premier League chief executive Neil Doncaster too.

Neil Doncaster, despite his lofty job description, is obviously no more than Peter's pawn.

Neil Doncaster looks as though he is no more than another coward who is scared stiff of Peter Lawwell. Neil Doncaster appears to be just another victim of Peter Lawwell's reign of terror in Scottish football.

Shame on Neil Doncaster for allowing Peter Lawwell to elbow his way in, shove him aside and take control of the SPL telly deal talks with Sky bosses which the Celtic chief executive had no legal right being party to.

Talks which Peter Lawwell used to try to get the best deal possible....for Celtic.

For, as I remarked, Peter Lawwell is a desperate man.

He is desperate because his carefully hatched plan to keep Rangers in the SPL, along with the television money their presence means, but only with the sort of points penalties over a number of seasons which would render Rangers unable to compete, backfired.

His wee Celtic cabal inside the SPL – Rod Petrie of Hibs, Stephen Thompson of Dundee United and Duncan Fraser of Aberdeen in particular – careered out of his control and froze Rangers out.

Leaving Peter Lawwell facing the prospect of Celtic being in an SPL facing a financial meltdown which could lead to the demise of half a dozen clubs.

But even if against the odds they all survive, the SPL is a competition which is uncompetitive and Sky Sports bosses have been poised to pull out in twelve months after having cut the pay-out for the last season of their current contract from £13M to nearer £6M.

That is why Peter Lawwell was willing to take the low road to London to highjack the SPL-Sky talks, even at the risk of being found out.

His aim was to try and cobble together some sort of short term deal which will allow Sky to show Rangers in the Third Division, while at the same time keeping the huge bulk of that £13M for Celtic, with the crumbs going to the rest of the SPL and Rangers.

Lawwell knows that without Sky cash the SPL is a goner. And with it would go Celtic’s chances of being a force in Europe.

No wonder Peter Lawwell is a desperate man.

It is that desperation which has seen Celtic being linked with trying to force their way into the Dutch League, the link coming in the usually well sourced from inside Parkhead, Celtic Quick News web site.

And at the same time Peter Lawwell’s desperation drives him to seek new and even more ingenious escape routes to English football for Celtic.

Will we hear more of that soon? It has certainly been a recurring theme from inside Parkhead during Peter Lawwell’s reign of terror in Scottish football.

It was also Peter Lawwell’s desperation which drove him to write an open letter – a begging letter – to Celtic fans pleading with them to buy season tickets for a season which won’t be worth a cuss.

On which subject, in his begging letter Peter Lawwell referred to Celtic DNA, a phrase first used by that grizzled old hack and broadcaster, Hugh Keevins, when he claimed Gordon Strachan’s lack of popularity with the Parkhead hordes, despite winning three-in-a-row, might have had something to do with his lack of Celtic DNA.

Perhaps Peter Lawwell would be good enough to explain if he meant the same as old Hughie did, when he mentioned Celtic DNA.

Maybe Peter Lawwell could elaborate on just what he defines Celtic DNA as being.

As I said, desperate men are driven to do and even say, desperate things. And Peter Lawwell is a desperate man.

We now know some of the desperate things Peter Lawwell has said done and been caught out doing. We also see some of the things his increasing desperation has driven him to say and do in public.

Time may even reveal more of Peter Lawwell’s desperate acts.

http://leggoland2.blogspot.co.uk/