SFA Membership close

Bollocks they did...I was on the point of cancelling my membership when I read they were going to cave in to religious loons over the marriage equality bill. Pleased to see them telling the god botherers to mind their own business, altho churchy types' obsession with what other people get up to in bed seems unlikely to diminish any time soon.

I've never been a massive fan of SNP myself, however I'm pleased this has gone through. Should be noted though that it does appear across the parties they are behind it, with one or two dissenters.

A bit of rumouring from Rangers Media ...

Deal has been done and signed I'm informed

However Liewell, Thompson and Petrie are working out how to break it to their bheastly hordes

So are leaving it as long as they can

Source request answered thus:

I will say that it's an SFL chairman

If he is wrong then I will boot his balls

And he knows it

Another poster ...

When people are getting inside info from good sources, do others really expect them to published details of the source on a public forum?

For what its worth, I have same info as trevelyan. It also comes from an SFL chairman, possibly the same one

Neither poster is a trialist, btw.

Ronnie Esplin ‏@RonnieEsplin

Noises are the SPL wont back down on dual contract investigation. Looks like #Rangers will have to if they want SFA membership.

Expand

Reply Retweet Favorite

I don't know why you think the SNP are anti-Rangers, Juan. There are areas where they will frown upon us, but we have to be honest and admit that they can only do so when they have broad public opinion behind them - such an area is the sectarian behaviour bill. I know the focus was on singing and the pope/fen1ans etc, but a large part of it is that people are sick of football fans (all of them) acting like gorillas on the way to and from a game - it wasn't just an anti-Rangers thing.

I admit the SNP, or any other political party, will be loathe to get involved in such a vote loser, but if there's a case for them to look at there's no reason not to bring it to their attention. At the very least they can't be more in bed with celtc than Lhabour.

The SNP's core voter base are made up of Tartan Army types, Republicans, anti-Unionists and a small portion of people who fit neither category but are pro-Independence for whatever reason. Among the MSP's we have no real friends and Alex Salmond and Bishop Tartaglia are bosom buddies. We've seen MSP's attending Holyrood in Celtic strips and mocking laughter and jokes about Rangers openly heard in Parliamentary sessions. Tell me how we can expect any kind of fairness or assistance from that lot? We're on our own mate.

I make no apology for coming across like a conspiracy theorist. Although I don't think there is one central plot here, I'm convinced we are the recipients of the backlash fuelled by many years of pent up anger and simmering hatred. The Catholic/Republican agenda has been pushed so well and for so long that it's become the baseline for any debate. A non-Catholic (like myself and most on here) cannot even criticise an organisation that has been shamed so frequently and seriously for fear of being labelled a bigot.

The tide has no turned to the point where we have to either keep our mouths shut or have any statement dismissed as "bile" or "bigotry". At some point it will re-balance but right now we're at the forefront of a groundswell of opinion. Rangers represents all that is bad with the world and it would be a better place without us.

No likes us and for the foreseeable future that won't change. Not an easy song to sing that one!

Rangers represents all that is bad with the world and it would be a better place without us.

No likes us and for the foreseeable future that won't change. Not an easy song to sing that one!

Totally agree on this part. Especially first sentence. This is exactly how it feels.

Noises are the SPL wont back down on dual contract investigation. Looks like #Rangers will have to if they want SFA membership.

Expand

Reply Retweet Favorite

You ... sleep under the stairs tonight, Ian! :admin:

Expand

Reply Retweet Favorite

Of course not, just don't back down and watch their tv deal go bye bye along with half of the teams.