I don't like the BJK nonsense from our fans but I also think that we all need to stop being so precious about this stuff. Abhorrent, terrible things happened at Celtic and a cover up job that Richard Nixon would have been proud of swung into action.

We really need to start accepting that bitter enemies will use distasteful weapons on their perceived enemies. This pursuit of a sterile, politically and morally correct society is completely futile. Things can be improved and progress can be made in many ways but we are tribal and feudal by our very nature. If you don't like what is sung or written sometimes - congratulations you're human.

A very relevant and timely blog by McMurdo. Let's see how committed Celtic FC are to the premise of trophies being stripped from a club who are judged to have transgressed in the past once the authorities are forced to look at Celtic's long-buried crimes.

For those of you horrified at the suggestion that child abuse and its subsequent cover-up should be reported or even discussed, I have one question: how dumb are you? Are you seriously poroposing that such utterly appalling crimes should never be talked about in the hope that they won't happen again or, if they do, that you won't hear about them? Are you for real?

Penn State have been dealt with appropriately for their paedophile scandal by being stripped of all trophies won during the period when these appalling crimes took place. Exactly the same sanctions must be applied to Celtic FC as punsihment for their own paedophile scandal.

Anything less is a shameful abandonment of the Celtic Boys Club paedophile scandal victims.

What's "in poor taste" about reminding the sporting world that the man widely held to be Scottish football's greatest ever manager was complicit in allowing a convicted paedophile not only to evade justice but to find more victims?

I repeat my call for the Scottish footballing authorities to follow the lead of their US counterparts and strip Celtic FC of all trophies won while Jim Torbett was given free rein by Celtic to abuse children in the club's care.

Extremely poor taste. Not poor taste.

What's in extremely poor taste about it? I would suggest that

1) It ignores the sensitivities of the victims

2) It ignores the variances in social mores between the 60s and today

3) It protects rather than highlights the perpetrator/protectors by making it an OF fan issue rather than a legal one

4) It is completely inappropriate for an arena in which children are present, ironically enough

5) It is, if possible, made even worse by phoney moral justification.

Plus doubtless sundry others I can't think of at the minute. But there's no way I'm spending the hours before kick off debating this - in short, you are completely and utterly wrong, if you actually believe what you have posted you are delusional, and that's that.

My thoughts are that its old hat now.

We'd be better served addressing present issues like the continuing IRAoke and the offensive banners.

And we'd be better served by keeping our noses clean for the next few years.

Extremely poor taste. Not poor taste.

What's in extremely poor taste about it? I would suggest that

1) It ignores the sensitivities of the victims

It does no such thing. It reminds the victims that their dreadful plight has not been forgotten, despite the best efforts of misguided handwringers (like you, seemingly) who would happily forget the fact that these appalling incidents were allowed to take place.

2) It ignores the variances in social mores between the 60s and today

No excuse whatever and it is to your shame that you see fit to raise this in mitigation for Stein's crimes. This is a man who went to victims' families doors pleading with them not to go to the police in order "to protect the good name of Celtic". The 60s was a time of free love but it didn't extend to children, except at Celtic. Stein knew exactly what had happened and exactly how serious it was.

3) It protects rather than highlights the perpetrator/protectors by making it an OF fan issue rather than a legal one

That simply makes no sense. By reminding the world that Stein knew all about Torbett's crimes, we protect the guilty? Eh? By highlighting it on the only platform we possess (an OF match setting) we bring pressure to bear on those who could and should still act now to ensure the guilty face justice.

4) It is completely inappropriate for an arena in which children are present, ironically enough

Not in front of the children, eh? What is this, the 60s all over again? I contend that if even one Celtic-supporting child hears this chant and extracts the truth from his father about the dangers of trusting adult authority figures, that is surely a positive step.

5) It is, if possible, made even worse by phoney moral justification.

The only moral justification I see here is you saying Jock Stein was innocent. No he wasn't. He didn't commit the crimes but he did all in his power to cover them up. And we should continue to let the world know, lest we forget.

Plus doubtless sundry others I can't think of at the minute. But there's no way I'm spending the hours before kick off debating this - in short, you are completely and utterly wrong, if you actually believe what you have posted you are delusional, and that's that.

I'm right and you're wrong so there, eh? That's a strong argument!

Debate what you like, when you like but hear me; the chant of Big Jock Knew will never go away until the truth is revealed fully on the world stage.

A reply from McMurdo in response to the inevitable comments on his blog from outraged Celtic fans:

"Whether or not those of you who wrote to me like it or not, Jim Torbett is part of your history, with all of the shame and infamy that entails.

Just count your blessings you are watched over by authorities your CEO has managed to manipulate and control… and not the officials of the National Collegiate Athletic Association.

They don’t do sweep, sweep…"

Great work by McMurdo. Looks like he's really touched a nerve.

The hypocrisy and sanctimonious sh*te we've had to endure from Celtic fans regarding the hospitals our taxes could have paid for, cheating etc, is irritating beyond belief, but there's something deeply distasteful about revelling in innocent childrens' suffering just to hit back at your detractors.

Nevertheless, the question "what's worse, participating in an aggressive tax avoidance scheme, or protecting a pedophile?" has occurred to me before and I can understand why others bring it up. It's just not something I'm prepared to use in football debates.

The hypocrisy and sanctimonious sh*te we've had to endure from Celtic fans regarding the hospitals our taxes could have paid for, cheating etc, is irritating beyond belief, but there's something deeply distasteful about revelling in innocent childrens' suffering just to hit back at your detractors.

Nevertheless, the question "what's worse, participating in an aggressive tax avoidance scheme, or protecting a pedophile?" has occurred to me before and I can understand why others bring it up. It's just not something I'm prepared to use in football debates.

I understand what you mean, mate. I know there are people who would never use an issue as sensitive as child abuse to make a point.

I, however, have no such scruples. We're currently engaged in a very dirty war with a fanatical, hate-filled enemy. I believe if you turn the other cheek to this bunch of cut-throats, you get slashed. Ergo, I will use every possible tool in my armoury to highlight the stinking, rotten, hypocritical evil of these scum bastards. If that means highlighting their abuse of children in their care, you're fucking right I'll mention it; again and again and again.