Here's the full text of McMurdo's follow-up blog. He makes some very valid points on the "poor taste" issue....

Scoring Points And Knowing History

I have had a few negative comments regarding my Big Jock Knew? post.

You won’t be surprised to hear that they seemed to be from people who are a good bet to not be season ticket holders at Ibrox.

The general gist seems to be outrage at my using child abuse as a means to score points. This appears to be the general response of Celtic fans when you mention the Jim Torbett situation.

Typical of their thinking is that some things – child abuse, in particular – are not to be mentioned in civilised society. This is commonly known as “Sweep, sweep” syndrome. It appears to be part of sellic-mindededness.

As I said in my post, the Jim Torbett disgrace makes Celtic fans an easy target. To be fair, some of the jibes are arguably distasteful. Child abuse is definitely not a joking matter.

The collegiate authorities who legislate over Penn State American Football team agree. Their severe punishment meted out on Penn State show their determination that abuse of children should not be tolerated in sport.

One of my critics said this:

“So basically you’re saying that Celtic gained a sporting advantage by Torbett touching young boys. You’re mind must be in a bad place.” (The bad grammar is his).

Firstly, I challenge anybody to find where I even implied that Jim Torbett’s molestation under the auspices of Celtic Boys Club contributed to an on-field advantage.

But the more important point here is that this person simply fails to compute that child abuse is heinous in and of itself – it’s not about whether or not it “helped” the performance of the victims. This inability to see the horror of child abuse is the real problem that has been swept under the carpet.

Any sane, reasonable person would understand the point I was making in my previous post but for those who may be less sane and reasonable, let me make my point very clear:

Rangers Football Club have been hounded, vilified and punished beyond any decent level of punishment for certain financial indiscretions (some of them yet to actually be proven, but hey, don’t let that stop the inquisitors). The mention of the Jerry Sandusky affair and its similarity to the Celtic Boys Club story was not about “scoring points.” It was to point out there are worse crimes than paying a player more than his contract said he received.

As I said, fiddling with kids or fiddling the books – which is the worst crime?

Now, if you believe that mentioning Jim Torbett is bad form on my part, then I apologise for hurting your poor wee sensibilities. The point is that there are much worse things going on than what has happened at Ibrox in recent times.

The vicious and vindictive campaign being waged against Rangers is because Rangers allegedly “got caught” in some fiscal wrongdoings. I say allegedly because all investigations are still ongoing as regards dual contracts and EBTs. Yes, tax and PAYE were not paid.

Surely there is not one football fan of any club anywhere who believes that their own team has a 100% squeaky-clean fiscal record with no off-book payments to players including taxable perks? If you do, you don’t know Scottish football.

Football is a murky business. That is why HMRC are taking such a keen interest in it. Recently a Spanish football official revealed that 75% of the money in the Spanish game is what they call “black money,” i.e. it is not recorded for. This is rife in football. Anyone who believes that Rangers are the only team in Scotland who have been guilty of making unrecorded payments is either very naive or insane.

The recent furious salvo by Ally McCoist at the way Rangers have been treated highlights not only the anti-Rangers agenda being relentlessly and vigorously pursued by many in the Scottish game, but also the astonishing hypocrisy of people who live in glass houses themselves.

Sooner or later someone will break ranks and tell the truth about other teams’ dodgy dealings. When that happens, the full fury of Rangers’ fans will be vented on all those who have put the boot in to our crippled club.

You see, the thing is, true sporting integrity shows no favours.

For the moment, Celtic fans can stay in their comfort zone, knowing that the Lawwell masterplan has them cossetted within a Celtic-friendly environment as far as the SFA and SPL are concerned.

But sporting integrity will win the day with both these organisations and justice will prevail, just as Rangers will be back, however long it takes.

Celtic CEO Peter Lawwell enjoyed a wee dig at Rangers’ expense recently, with his 125 year unbroken crack. As a club, Celtic have been around since 1888 but their corporate structure has changed at least three times since then.

I guess Peter doesn’t know their history very well.

But have no fear, others do. There are are many fine footballing moments to be proud of during those 125 years (don’t tell PL it is actually only 124), just as there are other shameful episodes.

Now there are things in Rangers’ history I am not proud of. That is the nature of being a true fan. But I accept that this is the case.

Whether or not those of you who wrote to me like it or not, Jim Torbett is part of your history, with all of the shame and infamy that entails.

Just count your blessings you are watched over by authorities your CEO has managed to manipulate and control… and not the officials of the National Collegiate Athletic Association.

They don’t do sweep, sweep…

Is he still an agent? It's quite a couple of statements from him. I can't help but feel he's actually making some veiled threats with this "Football is a murky business. That is why HMRC are taking such a keen interest in it. Recently a Spanish football official revealed that 75% of the money in the Spanish game is what they call “black money,” i.e. it is not recorded for. This is rife in football. Anyone who believes that Rangers are the only team in Scotland who have been guilty of making unrecorded payments is either very naive or insane.

The recent furious salvo by Ally McCoist at the way Rangers have been treated highlights not only the anti-Rangers agenda being relentlessly and vigorously pursued by many in the Scottish game, but also the astonishing hypocrisy of people who live in glass houses themselves.

Sooner or later someone will break ranks and tell the truth about other teams’ dodgy dealings. When that happens, the full fury of Rangers’ fans will be vented on all those who have put the boot in to our crippled club."

I mean he must know 'stuff', bloody hell he was Mo Johnston's agent at one time.

All I'm doing is extracting a weapon from my armoury and taking aim, as I've already explained.

As it happens, I've researched this subject extensively and spoken to many people who were touched by this appalling scandal. I could relate several personal accounts of the severe physical and emotional turmoil suffered by the victims of Celtic's paedpohile scandal but you wouldn't be interested. But you better believe this is an issue to which I will return for many years, irrespective of the opinions of you and your ilk.

No offence but I will be swayed not one jot by you and your faux liberal conscience in my quest to reveal and publicise the truth.

None taken! I don't give a fuck what you think of me.

Bringing this up always seems like a low-blow to me - although we've been on the receiving end of so many low-blows recently it's hard to resist.

Whenever I've resorted to mentioning it in an argument I've always done it in an oblique way: "Would you be happy if someone were to rake through all the dirty laundry of your club?"

And of course, the massive fine, title stripping, and 4 year ban that Penn State just got makes it a good counter to any EBT outrage I hear from them.

I draw the line at bringing Big Jock's name into it though.

Bringing this up always seems like a low-blow to me - although we've been on the receiving end of so many low-blows recently it's hard to resist.

Whenever I've resorted to mentioning it in an argument I've always done it in an oblique way: "Would you be happy if someone were to rake through all the dirty laundry of your club?"

And of course, the massive fine, title stripping, and 4 year ban that Penn State just got makes it a good counter to any EBT outrage I hear from them.

I'd draw the line at bring Big Jock's name into it though.

I'm not sure why its perfectly clear he was part of the cover up.

I'm not sure why its perfectly clear he was part of the cover up.

It's never been proven that he knew, as far as I'm aware, plus he's not here to defend himself. It seems poor form to single out one dead guy.

Plus, the few times I resort to mentioning it I'm generally trying to lay the blame on CFC as a whole rather than an individual. Generally as a counter to "The whole of Rangers have to take the rap for CW's wrong-doing."

It's never been proven that he knew, as far as I'm aware, plus he's not here to defend himself. It seems poor form to single out one dead guy.

Plus, the few times I resort to mentioning it I'm generally trying to lay the blame on CFC as a whole rather than an individual. Generally as a counter to "The whole of Rangers have to take the rap for CW's wrong-doing."

then why else did he throw him out?

None taken! I don't give a fuck what you think of me.

That would explain why you felt the need to come on here and say so...

I have no wish to cross swords with you and I bear you no ill will. I just think your outrage is misplaced.