Things might be about get tasty.Green uses the B word.

I don't doubt some actions against our club are the result of intolerance but as always when it comes to such claims, it isn't easy to qualify the allegation.

As for suggestions he made the claims to improve PR amongst the fans, well of course he did and I don't blame him. Profit margins or not, our club needs money so until such a time we have an alternative I don't mind the current ownership looking to maximise income.

Judging by the response from timmy last night to my tweet about us being victims of bigotry, they sure don't like their biggest weapon being used by Rangers fans. I think we should play the victim card...it's only partially true of course but then so is timmy's version.

Guest Dutchy

Other clubs and their fans don't seem to bothered about attacking our potential profit margins, so what's wrong with CG commenting on that???

And part of their inspration for it, Scotlands always had this problem, I doubt it's just gone away because the Scottish government has outlawed it. and if the Scottish government are serious about anti-religious statements, they should open an enquiry as to whats gone on since 14 Febuary.

Guest Dutchy

They were set up by brother walford as a charitable institution for Irish catholics, and that could be interpreted anyway you want. We all know how it's been interpeted over the last 100 years and now they've got the media in place to concentrate all their bile vile.

Funnily enough, the last time I heard anything about institutionalised bigotry was in the Monklands/Lanarkshire area where they had diffirent coloured slips for catholics and protestants, but the media didn't go to town on that one and there was certainly no prosecuations.

I saw Helen Liddle in the PC World at Drim Brae in Edinburgh and called over to her, 'Oh yes, that's you getting special treatment by going to the front of the queue'. She just smiled, from the front of the queue I might add.

From Wiki:

"'Bigotry' is the state of mind of a "bigot", a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance"[1] Bigotry may be based on real or perceived characteristics, including age, disability, dissension from popular opinions, economic status, ethnicity, gender identity, language, nationality, personal habits, political alignment, race, region, religious or spiritual belief, sex, or sexual orientation. Bigotry is sometimes developed into an ideology or world view. The word is used with caution due to the inherent reflexivity.

Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr. described bigotry in the following quotation: "The mind of a bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it, the more it will contract."[2]

This describes exactly what has happened to us. An agenda driven campaign where the leaders call the shots believing they are correct & justified to meet their own goals. They used the media to scare the other people into believing they were right, this snowballed into sanction after sanction.

It was a completely bigoted campaign.