Ibrox Stadium - The Future

any smaller and i would have to question my clubs standards and ambitions. something i could not and would not back.

All well and good but what happens when you can't get a European licence because your ground doesn't comply with UEFA regulations because the provision for wheelchair users doesn't meet the standard?

For me a move from Ibrox is totally out of the question. Where would we go?? We'd be charged the earth for a mortgage elsewhere. I can't imagine us playing our home games anywhere else.

For me there's a few things we can do to help bring cost down. Try to get a sponsor for the stadium, it'll always be Ibrox to us.

And how about fans groups organizing maintenance of the stadium?? If it need a fresh lick of paint then the fans can do it. Theres ways we can contribute to the everyday running costs of the stadium without the club having to fork out for it.

All well and good but what happens when you can't get a European licence because your ground doesn't comply with UEFA regulations because the provision for wheelchair users doesn't meet the standard?

you use your brain and make the stadium compliant in a way it does not comprise the stature of the club or the possible revenue that can be made. there will be a way around it and i am sure the club will do just that.

No point in moving from Ibrox, and no room to expand...the only way is up, then.

Before all the wheels fell off, I used to idle away spare moments constructing a temple of football to see us through most of the C21st. You'd have four spirals at each corner for entry/exit, which would see fans complete a 'pilgrimage' of sorts as they rose up, emotionally and spiritually, until they emerged into their seating area with a view to the pitch, the inner sanctum. The pitch, two squares together making a rectangle, follows traditional ideas of sacred geometry. Visiting fans would be shepherded along a bare, cold entry to the poorest corner of the stadium; this is nicked from the ruined Persian capital of Persepolis, where visitors were reminded of their lowly status while being impressed by the power and majesty of the King of Kings.

Raising the whole thing 20, 30 metres allows perfect draining and pitch protection from frost, since the pitch environment could be controlled from beneath as well as above, while the whole thing would be capped with a dome, representing the heavens or highest ambition which all clubs ought to aspire to. Onto this would be projected logos of various competitions; the UEFA CL stars being the best example, tho that's unlikely now! Imagine a helicopter shot of this, lit up on a winter's night, going around Europe.

You can tell how bored I get sometimes. I even incorporated ideas of brown water, re-using rain run-off to reduce water consumption and Scottish Water extortion, a mall of some kind beneath the stadium to increase revenue (indoors, too, a good thing for our weather), murals based on iconic photographs from our history lining the spiral access points, and little wheels on the wall which we would crank as we came in, powering our own generators. Kind of making you feel like a part of the club as soon as you set foot over the door, ripped off from Tibetan prayer wheels, while reducing energy bills.

The only thing I can't work out how to do is to incorporate those moving pavements you get at airports into the spiral entries. Since we're all lazier and fatter they would be cool, plus I imagine they would cater for UEFA regs on disabled access.

Ah well. Dreams make life less bitter, I suppose.

torbett towers cost 25 ish million.

depends what you want it to look like.

The San Giro cost so little because it was built on the cheap. It needs extra support during the week to keep it up. Remember being in there for a semi-final in 1998 when it was split 50-50 due to Hampden being redeveloped and I was in the Main Stand with my dad. The place is a total cowp. Even if the capacity is bigger than Ibrox we still have a far better stadium.

I think that some of the paintwork needs refreshed and some of the plastic / glass used at the sides and top of the stands are looking rather....yellow-ish. makes it look a bit dirty in my opinion. a refresh would certainly improve the overall look of the stadium.

I think one of the issues that was made about Ibrox was the requirement to undertake works to repalce some asbestos in the piping. I seem to recall a few seasons ago when there was a burst pipe in Ibrox that ended up postponing a match - that the pipe had to be replaced but it was only that section due to being mid-season. The further works were never carried out i dont think.

you use your brain and make the stadium compliant in a way it does not comprise the stature of the club or the possible revenue that can be made. there will be a way around it and i am sure the club will do just that.

Having the lowest ratio of wheelchair spaces to ground capacity in Scotland already compromises the stature of the club as does a waiting list of over 15 years for a space.

There's no way round it without reducing the capacity, Rangers have to increase wheelchair capacity by over 200 spaces the provision of 4 spaces in the Broomloan cost £80k and removed 24 seats, go figure.

Edited by forlanssister