Childish word of warning

you would think they had learned their lesson last time.

You would have thought so . I cancelled it during his last stint after taking it for years . I think their circulation plummeted at that time and has never recovered . It was no loss to me but their business section has always been well regarded and I think still is .

You would have thought so . I cancelled it during his last stint after taking it for years . I think their circulation plummeted at that time and has never recovered . It was no loss to me but their business section has always been well regarded and I think still is .

I was exactly the same. Bought it every day for many years but stopped purely because of Spiers, and have not been back since.

An incredible decision.

Who knows, dB? What a waste. Without question the best user of language since Archie MacPherson (another vastly underrated and clever man but one who didn't need to descend into the sewer to make a level - read some of his books if you have a minute. They are fairly cheap, like 1p) but who has polluted his ability with the sectarian bullshit.

Guest Dutchy

Before this 'official' stint, he was like an invited commentator on all things concerning Rangers for sometime now, so I gave up my e-account ages ago as I was sick to the back teeth of his false logic in order to talk about our 'bigotted' fans.

What an arse, and what a silly newspaper for giving him a platform.

It's a nice piece of symmetry, ra Bhoy in Corduroy returns to the blatt to issue the coup de gras.

Seriously, the triumphalist triumvirate of Mark Douglas-Home, Joan McAlpine and Kevin McKenna took the Herald sales from 115,000 daily to 60,000 in five short years. Former Sellik View Editor, McKenna brought in another former Editor of ra Sellik View, Donal Cowey as Sports Editor. They then appointed Spiers and Ewing Grahame as Chief Sports Writer and Chief Football Writer respectively. During that five years, they actively denied Rangers supporters access to the debate, it was a one way street of hate.

Younger Gersnetters might think constant criticism of all things Rangers was new to the Herald. Far from it, Jim Traynor, Ian Archer, and Cyril Horne had held the designations above for in excess of 40 years. However, correspondence disagreeing with their viewpoints had always been printed. Vibrant debate made the Herald most attractive and sustained it's quite incredible circulation.

I stopped purchasing ra Herald 11 years past, after a Spiers match report on an opening day fixture between Dunfermline and ra Sellik. All other papers and broadcast outlets had remarked in the sustained sectarian abuse directed at the Pars new signing, Ian Ferguson. MON was forced to comment, "he's big enough and old enough to handle opposition fans' abuse". On Monday morning, I read Spiers opening line, "Ian Ferguson has all the charm of a child molester".

Those still employed at Herald Towers should implore their Editorial staff to think again. The Botanical Truth Fairy is totally irresponsible.

Edited by 26th of foot

mailto:hs@heraldandtimes.co.uk , well theres his email , his name i believe is Calum MacDonald , and he is their digital editor , feel free to let him know your view