Can any commision be impartial in Scotland?

Just a little thread to get a little debate going.

After the recent votes and discussions I would like to raise the question can a Scottish panel truely be impartial?

It has become apparent if you are not a Rangers fan - you are a Rangers hater.

I cannot see how anybody in Scotland could be truely impartial.

Thoughts?

If they want it to be truly independent then they must bring people in from outside Scottish football, people from the FA and sporting representatives like Lord Coe. Unlike the hand picked Kangaroo court they set up and underhandedly directed to impose an unlawful transfer embargo.

This perplexes me. I don't for one second think there is a grand conspiracy against us but I think that individuals in the game have worked together to take full advantage of our situation and cripple us as much as possible. Any organisation, committee or legal body that Lawell has any connection with must be viewed with extreme suspicion.

Bringing in people from outside is what got us Doncaster and Regan!

Of course you can be impartial. Make sure anyone involved cannot benefit from the decision and make sure there are rules in place that need followed. I don't believe everyone hates us, the SFL have shown us that. I don't believe the clubs in Div 3 hate us, indeed I think a few now have a grudging respect for us, indeed i'd say that's the case for most of the lower 2 divisions in Scotland at least. Celtic aside most of the supporters of other clubs I know think a line should be drawn under this now, the 'punishment' we've had is enough for them. There'll be exceptions I'm sure but the majority feel that way in my experience.

show me a trustworthy catholic gunny

Och, come off it.

Statements like that (even made in jest) are liable to be taken out of context to make it seem like our objections are unreasonable.

As long as there's a proper appeal process to an international body I think we'll be fine. Even the most biased Scottish panel will be too embarassed to give a decision that would be over-turned on appeal. And if you put the sanctions that are being suggested into a European context, they stand out as being insanely over-the-top. Think about what's gone on in Italy and our alleged "crimes" pale into insignificance.