He'll be in the squad for Sunday's game.

Sionko is a strange one - he seems to look much more lively for the Czech Republic than us so far. Seems to be very much a player who thrives on confidence and considering our team's low morale so far he's not rose to the occassion other than a couple of reasonable games early in the season.

Guest Stan Smith
He'll be in the squad for Sunday's game.

Sionko is a strange one - he seems to look much more lively for the Czech Republic than us so far. Seems to be very much a player who thrives on confidence and considering our team's low morale so far he's not rose to the occassion other than a couple of reasonable games early in the season.

That seems to be right through the team tbh. A wee break(as in a good result against a half decent side) will breed confidence and hopefully see bit players and underachievers growing as a result.....

Or should I stay off the drink?

Mate, I've thought that a few times this season and despite good wins against Hearts, Aberdeen, Livorno and Haifa we've still not managed to retain any consistency.

I'm a firm believer of having 11 captains on the pitch but in many respects I think I'd settle for one right now. Not enough players take responsibility for their own performance while ensuring the whole unit are doing their part.

It's hugely important to have a Bomber, a Gough, a McCall or an Ian Ferguson as well as jokers such as Durrant or McCoist.

That kind of character is sadly lacking from our squad and I think our morale suffers too easily as a result.

At the time we signed him I thought he was a cracking signing and his bit part appearances during the World Cup backed my impression up. He also looked not to bad during the early part of the season. As has been mentioned, I think he's a player who thrives on confidence. Looks a good player in a good team, a poor player in a bad team. In fact the player he most reminds me of is Alexei Mikhailichenko...great player when in the mood but can disappear in games.

Malky

Sionko is a waste of space. Lee Martin and Sionko are not good enough for a club like ours. PLG supposedly has chased Sionko for years - makes you wonder about the judgement of PLG

its a little hard to make a judgement based on a few games, and in a poor team. he seems to do the business for his country - lets give him time.