9 loanees from Newcastle?

Surely we have to bring on our own.

How would playing young players from Newcastle benefit Rangers?

We are Rangers, not a feeder Club.

but do we have enough quality youngsters at Rangers just now and for the next few seasons at least? what happens when some youngsters don't improve and play badly and the fans get on their backs which would happen? I want to see young players coming through the ranks as much as anyone else but we need a bigger squad asap and we can't just produce quality youngsters good enough to play for us at the drop of a hat can we?

I'd take pardew just not his players on loan.

If we were in the SPL I would agree with you but we are in div 3 and if these players can help us up the leagues and dare I say it they might even bring some of our youngsters on with their EPL experience then I think we should sign some of them, certainly not 9 but a few wouldn't do us any harm at all in our present state.

Sunday, 12 August 2012

GREEN SELL-OUT TO ASHLEY WILL COST RANGERS CASH

CHARLES GREEN has been at his snake oil salesman best in the last 24 hours.

Or worst, should you take the view that being a snake oil salesman is not an honourable calling.

His spiel has been particularly hard to translate into clear, straightforward and unambiguous English.

The subject which Charles Green is keen to create a smokescreen around is the involvement of Newcastle United’s billionaire owner, Mike Ashley and his supposed £1M investment in Rangers.

Which, if you pick your way through the weasel words, twisted out by oft times proven liar Charles Green, seems not to be a £1M investment at all. It seems more likely to be a business opportunity for Mike Ashley to make money out of Rangers.

Charles Green has been spieling about the tie up with Mike Ashley’s Sport Direct firm being worth not less than £5M a year to Rangers and indeed having the potential to coin in £10M for Rangers in twelve months.

Jeez! Why did nobody think of that when Rangers were scaling the heights in the Champions League, marching to the UEFA CUP Final and winning three-in-row?

What was that head of IMG, Alistair Johnston thinking about? And multi millionaire Edinburgh accountant Paul Murray? Not forgetting Lloyds Bank, who were moving heaven and earth to maximise Rangers earnings just to get their money back.

No, according to Charles Green, they are all mugs who knew nothing. Only he, the Yorkshire snake oil salesman, knows how to do it.

But the figures quoted by Charles Green, the ones he has belched out as a smokescreen, are interesting. And the gap between them is interestingly massive.

In fact the top figure is exactly twice as much as the minimum Charles Green reckons a tie in with Mike Ashley’s Sports Direct will make for Rangers.

What Charles Green, however, fails to make clear – in fact what the oft times proven liar fails to make mention of at all – is just exactly how anything between £5M and £10M will find its way into the Ibrox coffers.

It is a mystery. A bit like the identity of the faceless men who own Rangers and who cower in secrecy behind the façade of Blue Pitch Holdings.

But what Charles Green has revealed is the fact that, as I suspected right from the start, Mike Ashley will not be writing a cheque for £1M for a near 10per cent shareholding in Rangers.

That much became apparent when snake oil salesman Charles Green’s spiel said that the deal with Sports Direct would be worth more to Rangers than Mike Ashley signing an individual cheque.

So there you have it. Mike Ashley will be getting a near 10 per cent stake in Rangers, worth £1M , but without him having to hand over that £1M cheque, made out to Charles Green’s Rangers.

What appears to have happened is the shrewd Mike Ashley has cut a deal to get access to what he believes is the lucrative market of having the Rangers franchise in-store, selling Rangers, replica strips and merchandise under his Sports Direct Stores brand.

And all for a million quid, not handed over to Rangers, but deducted from what Mike Ashley will pay to Rangers as their share of what he sells on their behalf.

So, for Charles Green’s bottom line of £5M to be reached inside twelve months – as he predicted – Mike Ashley’s tills will have to ring up a profit of £6M on Rangers strips, etc….

That is an awful lot of Rangers jerseys, scarves, woolly hats and baby bibs!

It is certainly an awful lot more than JJB Sports – who still have a £12M deal with Rangers, with four years left to run – have managed to peddle since they signed their contract with Rangers in 2006.

The deal, with four yearly payments of £3M-a-year still due, now looks set to be scrapped.

With Charles Green favouring a tie up with Newcastle owner Mike Ashley and the Sports Direct Stores empire which made Ashley a billionaire and which gives him a near 10per cent shareholding in Rangers in lieu of the £1M he would be paying for the rights on the Rangers kit franchise.

It does not seem all that good a deal to me.

Of course there is nothing wrong with Charles Green attempting to forge a new kit partnership, especially as JJB Sports are in such serious financial trouble.

However, snake oil salesman Charles Green just cannot help himself. He cannot stop himself launching into his snake oil salesman spiel and trying to make more out of something.

Charles Green also cannot stop himself running off at the mouth and tripping over his own loose tongue. Which is exactly what happened when he let slip that the deal he is on the brink of signing with Mike Ashley is worth more, as he said, than any individual cheque for £1M which Ashley may sign.

So now we know!

……

AND……

I shall be doing a few more wee sums in the next few days. And revealing just what it is that will happen to much of the money Charles Green is making a cash grab on Rangers supporters for.

…….

FINALLY …..

MY mention of October 11th being a red-white-and-blue-letter-day for Rangers supporters has certainly intrigued plenty of folk.

I promised it was not the date that oft times proven liar Charles Green would be leaving Ibrox.

But I will add another little clue. It is more by way of a nod to the past than to the future.

Patience, as my auld Scots Presbyterian Granny used to say.

I'm not sure I'm following Leggo's train of thought. Rip up the JJB deal to put a more lucrative one in place? Seems okay to me although I did only skim over it given how bored I get reading his hackneyed style.